Community Forum

Restart/Resume Option Missing and "Watch" or "Info" missing

Regular Visitor

Restart/Resume Option Missing and "Watch" or "Info" missing

I watch DVR programs on my mobile device and online when i am out of the house. My parents use the same account and watch from our home. We watch some of the same shows.

Recently, when i go to watch a show my parents have alreay started watching or stopped watching with a couple of minutes left the option to "Restart" or "Resume Watching" is missing. This means if I click on it I cannot restart the show. It takes me to where they are at in the show.

Also,  if I click on a show the option to view the info or begin watching are gone. It goes straight into the show. It didn't use to be this way. Now I have no idea what the show is about unless I go to the show page.

Tags (3)
Expert

Re: Restart/Resume Option Missing and "Watch" or "Info" missing

@sthflachk wrote:

I watch DVR programs on my mobile device and online when i am out of the house. My parents use the same account and watch from our home. We watch some of the same shows.

Recently, when i go to watch a show my parents have alreay started watching or stopped watching with a couple of minutes left the option to "Restart" or "Resume Watching" is missing. This means if I click on it I cannot restart the show. It takes me to where they are at in the show.

Also,  if I click on a show the option to view the info or begin watching are gone. It goes straight into the show. It didn't use to be this way. Now I have no idea what the show is about unless I go to the show page.

on your mobile device touch near the bottom when playing back to bring up the status line and controls. touch the position dot and drag it left to beginning to playback from there.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks, but that isn't the problem. I am talking about when I first go into my saved programs. Two things:

1. If a show I want to watch has already been started either by myself or my parents and I am wanting to watch on my device or pc.....When I tap/click the show to watch it..I do not get the option of Resume Watching/Restart. It goes right to the last watched point.

2. When I go into my saved programs I used to be able to tap/click the show I want to watch (on my device or pc) and 2 options would come up if it had not already been watched....Watch or Info. This no longer happens. It goes right into the show. So I can't read the synopsis beforehand.

Frequent Visitor

I know what you mean.  Xfinity changed the DVR submenus and it is worst.  Used to be that you could hit info and that Restart/Resume....options would appear.  Now you have to to Episodes to get to them.  So if a show was in your recently watched menu, you could restart or resume from that piont.   Kind of wish that they would follow the saying...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.