Community Forum

Removing Someone from Stream TV App

Frequent Visitor

Removing Someone from Stream TV App

I need to remove someone who is using my app. Customer service only tells me to change my Comcast email address and password, but that doesn't work because the person never logs out of the app. I can't get customer service to refer the problem to Tier 2. Can anyone help?
Expert

Re: Removing Someone from Stream TV App


meg5000 wrote:
I need to remove someone who is using my app. Customer service only tells me to change my Comcast email address and password, but that doesn't work because the person never logs out of the app. I can't get customer service to refer the problem to Tier 2. Can anyone help?

did you change your password yet? and how did they get your username and password?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Removing Someone from Stream TV App


Rustyben wrote:

meg5000 wrote:
I need to remove someone who is using my app. Customer service only tells me to change my Comcast email address and password, but that doesn't work because the person never logs out of the app. I can't get customer service to refer the problem to Tier 2. Can anyone help?

did you change your password yet? and how did they get your username and password?


Just changing pw does nothing if the other user doesn't log out of app. A comcast rep needs to deprovision devices now that pw has been changed. Afterwards, all users would have to login again and other user won't know new pw. There's no need to change email address. Its irrelevant how they got user name and password

Expert

Re: Removing Someone from Stream TV App


mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

meg5000 wrote:
I need to remove someone who is using my app. Customer service only tells me to change my Comcast email address and password, but that doesn't work because the person never logs out of the app. I can't get customer service to refer the problem to Tier 2. Can anyone help?

did you change your password yet? and how did they get your username and password?


Just changing pw does nothing if the other user doesn't log out of app. A comcast rep needs to deprovision devices now that pw has been changed. Afterwards, all users would have to login again and other user won't know new pw. There's no need to change email address. Its irrelevant how they got user name and password


I won't request an official employee to reprovision until password is stated to have been changed. There is a setting that can be turned off at https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/userprofile?tokenServiceStatus=success which is why I asked about username/password (with that setting 'on' username/pass is not needed for anyone on the home wifi). 


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Removing Someone from Stream TV App

I have changed the password.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Removing Someone from Stream TV App


Rustyben wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

meg5000 wrote:
I need to remove someone who is using my app. Customer service only tells me to change my Comcast email address and password, but that doesn't work because the person never logs out of the app. I can't get customer service to refer the problem to Tier 2. Can anyone help?

did you change your password yet? and how did they get your username and password?


Just changing pw does nothing if the other user doesn't log out of app. A comcast rep needs to deprovision devices now that pw has been changed. Afterwards, all users would have to login again and other user won't know new pw. There's no need to change email address. Its irrelevant how they got user name and password


I won't request an official employee to reprovision until password is stated to have been changed. There is a setting that can be turned off at https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/userprofile?tokenServiceStatus=success which is why I asked about username/password (with that setting 'on' username/pass is not needed for anyone on the home wifi). 


That setting only applies to network Websites and Apps, not the xf website or app.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Removing Someone from Stream TV App

Will someone please request a Comcast employee to deprovision devices? I have changed the password, the person will not be able to log back in. I'm tired of this person using my app, deleting my recordings (some I can't restore) and adding recordings.
Expert

Re: Removing Someone from Stream TV App


meg5000 wrote:
I have changed the password.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Removing Someone from Stream TV App

Thank you.
Official Employee

Re: Removing Someone from Stream TV App

 

Hello meg5000, I can assist you with deactivating all users from access to your Xfinity Stream account. Please send me a private message with your full address, account number, username, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me".