Community Forum

Remove a device from my xfinity stream app

New Poster

Remove a device from my xfinity stream app

I let my ex use my xfinity stream to watch the NBA playoffs this year. He since has gotten his cable service turned off at his home and is constantly using my xfinity stream app as his cable service. I have called in to customer support and they just tell me to change my username and password which does nothing if the user does not log out of the app. Is there a way to deprovision all devices from my account?
Official Employee

Re: Remove a device from my xfinity stream app

Hi Latonya,

I have removed all mobile and web devices from your account.  You can use your new password to log back in to the ones you would like to use.

Thanks,

Evan

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi Evan,
Thank you for removing all devices from my account. However, the issue that I am having is that the Xfinity stream app does not require you to put in a password at all once a device has been logged in. When I opened the app, my username was automatically updated and it asked if I wished to continue as this user. Once I selected continue the app worked as usual. This person will not log out of the app which is the only way it will require him to input a new password. I need all devices deprovisioned so that every mobile device will act as a brand new device and a username and password will need to be input again.
Expert

@Latonyapage217 wrote:
Hi Evan,
Thank you for removing all devices from my account. However, the issue that I am having is that the Xfinity stream app does not require you to put in a password at all once a device has been logged in. When I opened the app, my username was automatically updated and it asked if I wished to continue as this user. Once I selected continue the app worked as usual. This person will not log out of the app which is the only way it will require him to input a new password. I need all devices deprovisioned so that every mobile device will act as a brand new device and a username and password will need to be input again.

ComcastEvan didn't use term provision but what he described is the same. you can test by using the Xfinity stream TV website or the Xfinity Stream TV app on a smart device (iOS or android). did you have to log in again yourself?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I use xfinity on campus and someone is logged into my account and streaming movies. I can't watch anything because they are streaming. I have comcast wifi but use on campus for watching shows. Can you deprovision my account so they can't login and stream anymore? 

Expert

@reginagutz123 wrote:

I use xfinity on campus and someone is logged into my account and streaming movies. I can't watch anything because they are streaming. I have comcast wifi but use on campus for watching shows. Can you deprovision my account so they can't login and stream anymore? 

first change your username's password that you use for logging into the stream service. then call 800-Comcast and select cable TV, and ask the agent to deprovision all the streaming devices on your account (only option is all). if the agent doesn't know or if they seem to not understand, ask for a supervisor. test before disconnecting from the agent by trying to run the stream app or stream web site.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I still have the same exact problem. Deprovision does not solve problem. The app does not require you to sign in and out. Therefore you will always have this problem. I’ve changed pw/username etc. I’m not sure what is the fix for this but deprovision is not it.
Expert

@BIgmks105 wrote:
I still have the same exact problem. Deprovision does not solve problem. The app does not require you to sign in and out. Therefore you will always have this problem. I’ve changed pw/username etc. I’m not sure what is the fix for this but deprovision is not it.

deprovision does 'revoke' that login so any non-X1 device that wishes to stream must indeed login again with current password.

Official Employee

Hi blgmks105,  please let us know if you are still needing assistance and I can help review your issue further on my side.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.