Community Forum

Recording won't download

New Poster

Recording won't download

I've tried multiple times to download a movie from my DVR recordings on the tv app to my iPad. It gets up to about 90%, then starts all over at 0%. It's using up space with whatever it's doing, because my available iPad space decreases a little each time I've dine this. But it never downloads. Anyone else have this issue? 

Expert

Re: Recording won't download

Lisac3 wrote:

I've tried multiple times to download a movie from my DVR recordings on the tv app to my iPad. It gets up to about 90%, then starts all over at 0%. It's using up space with whatever it's doing, because my available iPad space decreases a little each time I've dine this. But it never downloads. Anyone else have this issue? 

using your settings (gear) app, select 'general' and check for software version (update). are you on 10.2 now?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

Lisac3 wrote:

using your settings (gear) app, select 'general' and check for software version (update). are you on 10.2 now?

I am having the same exxact issue and it has been going on since iOS 10.0.  I am now on 10.2 (and have been since it's release and am still having this issue.  Even when I do get a show downloaded, it will freeze partly through so I am not able to watch it.  I have posted in another topic on this as well.  We pay a lot of money for being able to watch our DVR shows off-line and for the last few months, this has been unavailable.  It is unacceptable and Xfinity needs to start working on this.

Expert

petsnspace wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Lisac3 wrote:

I am having the same exxact issue and it has been going on since iOS 10.0.  I am now on 10.2 (and have been since it's release and am still having this issue.  Even when I do get a show downloaded, it will freeze partly through so I am not able to watch it.  I have posted in another topic on this as well.  We pay a lot of money for being able to watch our DVR shows off-line and for the last few months, this has been unavailable.  It is unacceptable and Xfinity needs to start working on this.

the cost for cloud DVR is zero (free benefit). Have you tried another device? I have 4 devices to test across platforms: iphone 6+, ipad mini, gophone (android) with 32gb adopted chip (appears as internal memory on marshmallow+) and a rooted 'andorid' tablet running on a 5th gen fire tablet. All of them download and playback perfectly. you may have another issue although I can't offer any way to test other than to use another device.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

petsnspace wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Lisac3 wrote:

the cost for cloud DVR is zero (free benefit). Have you tried another device? I have 4 devices to test across platforms: iphone 6+, ipad mini, gophone (android) with 32gb adopted chip (appears as internal memory on marshmallow+) and a rooted 'andorid' tablet running on a 5th gen fire tablet. All of them download and playback perfectly. you may have another issue although I can't offer any way to test other than to use another device.

WHile the cost of the cloud benefit might be zero, the cost to get to an X1 platform that will do give me the advanced features is not.  My Wife uses an old iPad still on system 9.3 (unable to upgrade further) and has no problems.  I have the same issue on both my iPhone 7 and my iPad Air 2 running 10.2.  I have plenty of storage on both devices but am seeing the identical unable to download behavior on both.

Expert

petsnspace wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

petsnspace wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Lisac3 wrote:

WHile the cost of the cloud benefit might be zero, the cost to get to an X1 platform that will do give me the advanced features is not.  My Wife uses an old iPad still on system 9.3 (unable to upgrade further) and has no problems.  I have the same issue on both my iPhone 7 and my iPad Air 2 running 10.2.  I have plenty of storage on both devices but am seeing the identical unable to download behavior on both.

call 877-896-8678 and request to be transferred to the app support team. Let them investigate the issue as it seems to be isolated to your account.