Community Forum

Recording Not Appearing on Stream App

Frequent Visitor

Recording Not Appearing on Stream App

On two of my four devices, I do not see recordings on the menu.  I have the same issue as this post...

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-access-recordings-on-Xfinity-Stream-App-for-Androi...

TIA for any help

Expert

Re: Recording Not Appearing on Stream App

@smicon wrote:

On two of my four devices, I do not see recordings on the menu.  I have the same issue as this post...

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-access-recordings-on-Xfinity-Stream-App-for-Androi...

TIA for any help

do you have set top boxes in your home? if not you are limited to 2 stream devices (at a time). If you have set top boxes you are limited to 5 stream devices (at a time). Are you using the same login/password on each of the devices?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

no set top boxes.  I was using the same id but one of the comcast reps had me create another but still no luck.  After receiving your comment, I logged out of one of the apps, but still was unable to see recordings upon logging on to the app with one of the other devices.

also, another problem, i deleted one of the apps that had downloaded shows.  Now, i am limited by those downloads and no way to return them as they show on an "unnamed device".

Expert

@smicon wrote:

no set top boxes.  I was using the same id but one of the comcast reps had me create another but still no luck.  After receiving your comment, I logged out of one of the apps, but still was unable to see recordings upon logging on to the app with one of the other devices.

also, another problem, i deleted one of the apps that had downloaded shows.  Now, i am limited by those downloads and no way to return them as they show on an "unnamed device".

the right way is to return the recordings first however you can log in on a streaming smart device to the x1 stream app and select settings and force return downloaded programming.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Agreed but they are not showing up there. Only one shows there. The ones on the unnamed device do not.
Expert

@smicon wrote:
Agreed but they are not showing up there. Only one shows there. The ones on the unnamed device do not.

you can call 800-Comcast and select Cable TV service and ask the agent to deprovision all your streaming devices (only option is all). That will automatically return all recordings. note that you will have to sign back in on each streaming device. If the agent doesn't understand or know how to handle this issue, ask for the supervisor.

Frequent Visitor

No luck.
Frequent Visitor

Comcast saying a device issue. Lol
Expert

@smicon wrote:
Comcast saying a device issue. Lol

did you speak to a supervisor? alternative is to call after 9am EDT Monday to hopefully get USA based tech support.

Frequent Visitor

Yes. Spoke with supervisor in US.
Frequent Visitor

anyone from comcast?  apparently there are known issues with stream and ipads/iphones??