Community Forum

Recorded videos skipping on iOS XFINITY App

Regular Visitor

Recorded videos skipping on iOS XFINITY App

All recorded tv programs are skipping and returning to beginning of video.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Recorded videos skipping on iOS XFINITY App

Lmorges wrote:

All recorded tv programs are skipping and returning to beginning of video.

I just found a reference to background refresh.  Maybe you could try turning it off for the Xfinity TV app.

http://www.imore.com/how-to-manage-background-app-refresh-iphone-ipad

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I have the same problem.   I will be watching a downloaded show and it will freeze and then skip back to beginning or skip back like 10 seconds and just loop there.

This doesnt happen on every download though.  I have uninstalled app and reinstalled and that seemed to work for a week.  But the problem is back.

I did contact xfinity support about this.  The tech helped troubleshoot for a small time and then took my # to have a second level tech call me back.  no call....

Anyways, i HIGHLY doubt this is related to backout app refresh.  It happens at the same spot everytime in the video and it doesnt fix itself until you redownload.  Then it usually happens at a different point of the download.  One other thing i noticed, you can usually skip ahead about 5 mins and it will work (dragging the slider forward 5 mins).

Lastly, i also have issues downloading things.  I get a lot of "Could not download at this time" type error messages.  Also, i get a lot of downloads resetting back to 0% after downloading 50% or 75% etc.  

Mike

Regular Visitor

My app has been skipping for about 10 days.  I called customer service last week was supposed to get a call back- still waiting.  Removed app, reinstalled, did hard reset twice reinstalled again still looping.  Advancing doesn't work 😠😠

Expert

am-pm-realty wrote:

My app has been skipping for about 10 days.  I called customer service last week was supposed to get a call back- still waiting.  Removed app, reinstalled, did hard reset twice reinstalled again still looping.  Advancing doesn't work 😠😠

possible to download the asset and watch from memory? Playback from download ok?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

FYI... I tried turning off "background refresh" on the Xfinity TV app on IOS.  It did not fix the skipping problem.  I understand there are many Xfinity customers that are experiencing this same skipping issue.  Comcast knows about it and is working on it.

Regular Visitor

The skipping issue seems to have been repaired by Comcast.  All recorded programs are no longer skipping and/or returning to beginning of program during playback.  Thanks Comcast Technical Support for resolving this problem.

Frequent Visitor

Still skipping, and now looping back to the beginning of the recording in the Twin Cities.  This is still not resolved as of 1/31/2017.

New Poster

1-17-18

My phone app is skipping as well. Not a problem when I watch recording from home just when I try to watch a home recording from my phone app. A one hour recording is skipping down to about 20 minutes. I have not called Comcast but we all know what a waste of time that is. 

Expert

I have escalated your issues to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hello @Captaindonoho. I can assist with troubleshooting your skipping issue on the XFINITY Stream app for iOS. We may need to get an Advanced Repair ticket opened for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

New Poster

I am having the exact same problem. Did they ever get a solution to you?? App refresh is turned off and it's still happening. So. Frusterating. 

New Poster

I have this same problem all the time. Turning ipad off and back on before downloading recording sometimes works but not always plus this should not be a necessary step. Also many times trying to download recordings fail over and over. Someone please help as I generally doewnload stuff to watch at work daily. The programs skip in the sam places if I try to stream them on my computer. 

Expert

@Spitcoff wrote:

I have this same problem all the time. Turning ipad off and back on before downloading recording sometimes works but not always plus this should not be a necessary step. Also many times trying to download recordings fail over and over. Someone please help as I generally doewnload stuff to watch at work daily. The programs skip in the sam places if I try to stream them on my computer. 

see the 1/17 post by @ComcastJoeTru above and follow the directions there to get your problem fixed.

Official Employee

@LROD0828 and @Spitcoff

Were you able to get assistance with your skipping issue? 

New Poster

no

Official Employee

@Spitcoff - I replied to your own thread and requested to send me your information.