Community Forum

Re: Xfinity stream on Roku not working

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My stream app was working fine last night until Roku installed a new system update. After it rebooted, I launched the stream app and now receiving this error: 

This device can only access Xfinity stream on your in-home Xfinity Wi-Fi. Use the app on your smart phone tablet or laptop to watch on the go anytime you like. Error TVAPP-00101.

I've rebooted, removed app, reinstalled app, checked app for updates, re-activated the device, rebooted router. Same error.

Please help!

Highlighted
Expert

@DreamSayerZ wrote:

My stream app was working fine last night until Roku installed a new system update. After it rebooted, I launched the stream app and now receiving this error: 

This device can only access Xfinity stream on your in-home Xfinity Wi-Fi. Use the app on your smart phone tablet or laptop to watch on the go anytime you like. Error TVAPP-00101.

I've rebooted, removed app, reinstalled app, checked app for updates, re-activated the device, rebooted router. Same error.

Please help!

moved your reply to a separate thread. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tvapp00101 explains the meaning of the error code. will have to use your own in-home xfinity wifi to make the app (channel) work.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!