Community Forum

Re: Xfinity Stream app only shows half of a recorded show

New Poster

Omg I'm having the same problems very upset as well they need to find a better way really fast.<br>
Expert

Ladybuggs7 wrote:
Omg I'm having the same problems very upset as well they need to find a better way really fast.<br>

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

Ladybuggs7, do you receive an error message when you try to play a recorded show? Does this happen to all of your recorded shows? Have you tried recyncing your DVR? 

Please try this order path: Xfinity>Settings>Device Setting>Sync DVR

Regular Visitor

I just did exactly what you suggested with syncing the dvr. However I recorded Bull last night and on attempting to play it the timeline at the bottom starts with 1hr and then flicks to 05:16 minutes. I’m from the Chicago area and this issue is incredibly frustrating, especially since the dvr version plays for a full 1hr. I understand that I’m streaming it from the cloud but what is the point when you get only 5 minutes? Whether On Demand is available or not is irrelevant.

Regular Contributor

Hello Gingernut ,

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your cloud service. Please send a private message verifying your account with the phone number and service address so I can investigate this issue for you? Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I am continuing to have this same issue, half recorded shows or not at all

New Poster

I am in the Chicago area, same problem, esp w/ shows > 1hr long.....

New Poster

I am having the same issue and have been for at least 3-4 months. Every show is truncated to 23-28 minutes from a 60 minute recording that works fine on my actual DVR on my TV. Issue is only with the app. Totally annoying and unacceptable that this STILL has not been fixed. I found a string of these posts from back in March and supposedly Comcast was working on it back then. If I worked as slow as they do with problems at my job, well we can guess where I would end up. I like to think they will take these messages seriously and try to fix it, but from my past dealings with Comcast, I will NOT hold my breath. :/
Expert

Kszalay wrote:
I am having the same issue and have been for at least 3-4 months. Every show is truncated to 23-28 minutes from a 60 minute recording that works fine on my actual DVR on my TV. Issue is only with the app. Totally annoying and unacceptable that this STILL has not been fixed. I found a string of these posts from back in March and supposedly Comcast was working on it back then. If I worked as slow as they do with problems at my job, well we can guess where I would end up. I like to think they will take these messages seriously and try to fix it, but from my past dealings with Comcast, I will NOT hold my breath. :/

hi, please look at the 3rd post above your post at the Comcast Official employee post and follow those directions to have the issue resolved.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

I’ve had this problem for 18 months and put in multiple tickets with no resolution. They’ve been escalated to engineering and then the ticket is closed without the courtesy of a call. The tickets are noted as fixed when it’s not. The ticket I have in now was put in Dec 7 2017. The first night I called I had to spend 2 1/2 hours on the phone so they could do print screens To show when the recording stopped. I called two weeks later for a status and I was told I had to do it again. That was another 1 1/2 hours. After each call I’m told I’ll hear from engineering in 48 hours. Friday (6 weekafter I put in this ticket) I received a call asking me for more print screens! Let’s just say I wasn’t very nice to the person calling. At this point Xfinity should be reimbursing me for spending 4 hours on the phone and the cost of X-1 for the past 18 months. At this point I’m about to call the Corporate Office.
New Poster

I’ve had this problem for 18 months and put in multiple tickets with no resolution. They’ve been escalated to engineering and then the ticket is closed without the courtesy of a call. The tickets are noted as fixed when it’s not. The ticket I have in now was put in Dec 7 2017. The first night I called I had to spend 2 1/2 hours on the phone so they could do print screens To show when the recording stopped. I called two weeks later for a status and I was told I had to do it again. That was another 1 1/2 hours. After each call I’m told I’ll hear from engineering in 48 hours. Friday (6 weekafter I put in this ticket) I received a call asking me for more print screens! Let’s just say I wasn’t very nice to the person calling. At this point Xfinity should be reimbursing me for spending 4 hours on the phone and the cost of X-1 for the past 18 months. At this point I’m about to call the Corporate Office.