Community Forum

Re: Xfinity Stream App - Amazon Fire TV

New Poster

I called <Edited> comcast to ask them if xfinity stream app would work with fire tv stick. the rep even put my call on hold for a few mins, then came back on the line and said yes. Well comcast is getting another call today, now they will credit my accout for the total cost of the firestick, since the rep assured me it can get the app.  the only reason of my purchasing this fire stick was so I can yank out those set top tv boxes which at one time they gave out 2 and each additional was only like $0.99. <Edited>.

<Edited>

Expert

@Luke_Skywalker8 wrote:

I called <Edited> comcast to ask them if xfinity stream app would work with fire tv stick. the rep even put my call on hold for a few mins, then came back on the line and said yes. Well comcast is getting another call today, now they will credit my accout for the total cost of the firestick, since the rep assured me it can get the app.  the only reason of my purchasing this fire stick was so I can yank out those set top tv boxes which at one time they gave out 2 and each additional was only like $0.99. <Edited>.

<Edited>

as long as you have Xfinity internet you no longer need a set top box although many plans include the first non-DVR set top box with no separate charge. a PC, smart device (phone/tablet) or a Roku device can access your TV service. If you op for no home set top box you also get a 20 hour, 2 tuner cloud DVR access. the instant TV includes up to 2 streams at any one time. 5 streams are allowed when you have at least one home set top box installed and Cloud DVR service in home includes cloud DVR service 60 hours too.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

The way the app displays on my fire tv cube makes it unusable.   It is larger than the screen and there is no way to scroll it.