Community Forum

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

New Poster

I signed up for Xfinity Stream last night and have encountered two issues. 1. The favorites list does not populate beyond the first 2 lines, beneath the first two I get the recurring, blinking dots signaling that the info is being populated, but it never does.

Some channels that are listed as HD are not showing shows with the whole screen. These are new shows, filmed in HD. The one on right now is The Goldberg's on CW. The CW is an HD channel, and that show is contemporary, and should fill the screen. Some other channels display as they are supposed to. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
Tags (2)
Expert

@marc_g wrote:
I signed up for Xfinity Stream last night and have encountered two issues. 1. The favorites list does not populate beyond the first 2 lines, beneath the first two I get the recurring, blinking dots signaling that the info is being populated, but it never does.

Some channels that are listed as HD are not showing shows with the whole screen. These are new shows, filmed in HD. The one on right now is The Goldberg's on CW. The CW is an HD channel, and that show is contemporary, and should fill the screen. Some other channels display as they are supposed to. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

It sounds like you have X1 set top boxes in your home and what you meant to say is that you started using the Xfinity stream app to view your subscription. on a Roku you won't get HD channels if there is not a separate line on your bill for HD technology fee for $10 - the Roku beta is free while in beta testing and that is one limitation of the beta testing.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I'm sorry I didn't explain my situation well. We have no set top boxes at all. Until last night we were only internet customers.
Expert

@marc_g wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't explain my situation well. We have no set top boxes at all. Until last night we were only internet customers.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello marc_g. I can assist in further troubleshooting your XFINITY Stream playback issues on your Roku. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.