Community Forum

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

New Poster

Have roku tv for a few months. Used xfinity beta app and all worked ok fine.

In the last few weeks the NICK channel (132) has no audio. All other channels in the app have audio.

Removed and re-added xfinity app....same thing. Checked audio settings, same thing.

I assume this is a bug with the beta version?

Wouldn't care if this wasn't a channel my daughter watches constantly.

Comcast due to come out 1/3/2018 to look at. They will be upgrading our cable box for this tv as older Comcast cable boxes do not work with roku tv's. So we've had no ability to switch to cable box to view channels. We've only had ability thru the app which now has audio issues on certain channels.

App is ok, not great, as you can't scroll the guide like u do with cable box.

Hoping upgraded box gives us ability to have all channels with audio.

Would be nice to hear from roku or Comcast if this issue has been identified and is being worked on.
Expert

kmcosgrove115 wrote:
Have roku tv for a few months. Used xfinity beta app and all worked ok fine.

In the last few weeks the NICK channel (132) has no audio. All other channels in the app have audio.

Removed and re-added xfinity app....same thing. Checked audio settings, same thing.

I assume this is a bug with the beta version?

Wouldn't care if this wasn't a channel my daughter watches constantly.

Comcast due to come out 1/3/2018 to look at. They will be upgrading our cable box for this tv as older Comcast cable boxes do not work with roku tv's. So we've had no ability to switch to cable box to view channels. We've only had ability thru the app which now has audio issues on certain channels.

App is ok, not great, as you can't scroll the guide like u do with cable box.

Hoping upgraded box gives us ability to have all channels with audio.

Would be nice to hear from roku or Comcast if this issue has been identified and is being worked on.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I verified same issue on NICK2 - on X1 set top box had regular good audio but on Roku have no audio at all.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello kmcosgrove115, I can assist you with getting your audio problem resolved. Have you tried testing the app on another device other than your roku? If so, do you get the same audio issue? 

Expert

ComcastAmir wrote:

Hello kmcosgrove115, I can assist you with getting your audio problem resolved. Have you tried testing the app on another device other than your roku? If so, do you get the same audio issue? 

nick2 1729 on my system on Roku runs video without probelms but no audio (captions work). on android devices (3) the video never starts no error messages. on iOS video won't start gives 
playback issue: 101000.106000 on iphone7 and ipad mini

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.