Community Forum

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.

New Poster

I have the same issue. Until the weekend I have had no problem watching games on ESPN3 on my laptop. TOday when trying to access  (a UK soccer game) a pop up asked my to identify my orovider from a list. I chose Xfinity, and then an Xfinity pop up showed a big green tick saying you are connected and this is part of your subsctiotion. But then I get a message on the ESPN site saying that my subscription does not include access.

I called and was told by COmcast thast the ESPN site has an issue. But it seems not the case.

Expert

andydrumm wrote:

I have the same issue. Until the weekend I have had no problem watching games on ESPN3 on my laptop. TOday when trying to access  (a UK soccer game) a pop up asked my to identify my orovider from a list. I chose Xfinity, and then an Xfinity pop up showed a big green tick saying you are connected and this is part of your subsctiotion. But then I get a message on the ESPN site saying that my subscription does not include access.

I called and was told by COmcast thast the ESPN site has an issue. But it seems not the case.

what equipment were you trying to use? were you trying to hook up a device to a TV? where you were you when trying to authenticate?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Hi Rustyben,

I was seeking to connect, as usual, on my Lenovo Thinkpad (which was connected to a tv with a HDMI cable). Should it matter if the laptop was connecte to a tv?? THAnks!

Expert

andydrumm wrote:

Hi Rustyben,

I was seeking to connect, as usual, on my Lenovo Thinkpad (which was connected to a tv with a HDMI cable). Should it matter if the laptop was connecte to a tv?? THAnks!

I wasn't able to locate a way to watch ESPN on my PC. the iOS and android watchespn apps work as well as on the Roku. I'm not sure there is a way to watch it via PC (desk/laptop) other than through the Xfinity Steam website. I'll ask a comcast team member to look at your question.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

Hello andydrumm, it sounds like you may need your entitlements refreshed on our end. please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and I can look into this for you.