Community Forum

Re: Problems with Roku stick 3800

Regular Visitor

I am having the EXACT same issue on my Roku device.  Do you have the Roku Premiere+?  Part# 4630R?  I have 2 of these and suddenly at the same time you posted this whole Subject my issues began.  I've been on the phone 10+ times with Comcast/XFinity to try and fix, also even had Roku tech support.  Problem is that this is the ONLY app on my entire Roku that doesn't work, so clearly a XFinity issue.  So frustrating!!!

Expert

@JPWilliams37 wrote:

I am having the EXACT same issue on my Roku device.  Do you have the Roku Premiere+?  Part# 4630R?  I have 2 of these and suddenly at the same time you posted this whole Subject my issues began.  I've been on the phone 10+ times with Comcast/XFinity to try and fix, also even had Roku tech support.  Problem is that this is the ONLY app on my entire Roku that doesn't work, so clearly a XFinity issue.  So frustrating!!!

what is the error message/error number?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

did you get yours fixed ? Mine is doing the same thing now ..

I have deleted the app .. formatted the roku .. everything I can think of. same problem
Expert

@slowtan wrote:
did you get yours fixed ? Mine is doing the same thing now ..

I have deleted the app .. formatted the roku .. everything I can think of. same problem

since you did not 'quote' a message it is impossible to determine to whom you are addressing your post. What happens (error messages/error numbers) do you see when accessing the Xfinity Stream beta app?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

There is no error code at all, the app simply grays out and returns to the home screen. I have 2 of the Premiere+ 4630 (both doing same thing) and just bought 2 of the streaming sticks 3600 to replace these hoping they were the problem. Nope, both of these BRAND NEW devices bought from Roku directly are doing the same thing. I mean this has to be a router or account issue, right???
Expert

@JPWilliams37 wrote:
There is no error code at all, the app simply grays out and returns to the home screen. I have 2 of the Premiere+ 4630 (both doing same thing) and just bought 2 of the streaming sticks 3600 to replace these hoping they were the problem. Nope, both of these BRAND NEW devices bought from Roku directly are doing the same thing. I mean this has to be a router or account issue, right???

the 4630 is in the posted acceptable model numbers. do you have X1 equipment in your home (set top boxes)?

Regular Visitor

Yes we have one X1 TV box with DVR for our main TV. These Roku devices were meant for additional rooms instead of paying the $10/month cost for an extra HD TV box, per the XFinity suggestion.
Highlighted
Expert

@JPWilliams37 wrote:
Yes we have one X1 TV box with DVR for our main TV. These Roku devices were meant for additional rooms instead of paying the $10/month cost for an extra HD TV box, per the XFinity suggestion.

since you have X1 set top boxes in the home your streaming plan includes up to 5 devices streaming at any one time. you can have more devices authorized but when the limit of 5 simultaneous streams is reached new attempts for devices will fail. Streaming on a desk/laptop can 'permanently' tie up one of the 5 streams if the browser is closed while streaming instead of stopping the stream using the on screen stop video control. Without an error message/error message number of course it is just 'guessing' to figure out why the app closed unexpectedly. 

Regular Visitor

I went ahead to check and see if any other devices were currently streaming, definitely shows zero devices on My Account that are streaming, see pic below.  I opened up Ticket# CR822131851.

Capture.JPG

Official Employee

Hello everyone. Here is some good information on the Xfinity Stream Beta app for Roku: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs.  In that document it states: The Xfinity Stream app is currently offered in a "beta" version that does not include the full set of features and functionality included in the Xfinity Stream app for mobile devices and web portal. Future releases of the app will include additional features and functionality, as well as improved stability and optimization. Have you tried manually logging out of the application and then logging back in?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I've been on the phone with XFinity support atleast 6 different times now, and yeah I think we've tried that step atleast 6 different times now.  I understand the app is in BETA mode, but how did it work fine for me for a year and then suddenly stop working?  You guys want me to pay to use it?  OK fine, just as long as it actually works!

Official Employee

Hi, JPWilliams37. Welcome and thank you for posting. I can try and sync your username and also see if I can open a request for you to have this looked into further on our end. I already have you in a private message and you're welcome to continue responding there. Thank you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, JPWilliams37. I stopped hearing back from you. Please create a new post if you're in need of further assistance on this. Thank you!