Community Forum

Re: Cannot play certain downloaded content on my phone

New Poster

I'm having the same problem on an Amazon Fire HD.   I cannot watch any DVRed content that I have downloaded.  I get the same message when the content isn't available "on demand":

"Well that didn't go as planned.  We're having trouble playing this recording..."

or this message if the content IS available "on demand":

"Unfortunately there's a problem with DVR playback..."

the Xfinity Stream App version is  4.10.3.002

Expert

@tina99bean wrote:

I'm having the same problem on an Amazon Fire HD.   I cannot watch any DVRed content that I have downloaded.  I get the same message when the content isn't available "on demand":

"Well that didn't go as planned.  We're having trouble playing this recording..."

or this message if the content IS available "on demand":

"Unfortunately there's a problem with DVR playback..."

the Xfinity Stream App version is  4.10.3.002

an Official will probably see your post within 3 days of your original post. the kindle fire was added in 2017. they will be able to assist you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Any help?
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s a known issue, fix is being deployed by the end of the week

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello All, 

The issues you're having is part of a national issue we are currently investigating. Our engineering team is aware and in the process of fixing this. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA. Thank you for your patience while we work to get this resolved. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Just today I started having this problem.  On every single DVR program of mine, the DVR'd recording starts, plays for 10 - 15 seconds, then stops, then eventually errors out with the "Well that didn't go as planned..." error message.  More and more, it does not even play the first 10-15 seconds, and just goes straight to the error message.

Is there an estimated time for a fix?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'm getting this error with the latest versions of Firefox, but have no problem accessing the DVR recordings through Opera 55.

Expert

@MichaelCA wrote:

I'm getting this error with the latest versions of Firefox, but have no problem accessing the DVR recordings through Opera 55.

you posted in the smart device (apple/android) area but are referencing browsers. please give example of the issue you are having and what device you are using.