Community Forum

Problem with Xfinity interface with TV trying to set up Roku streaming Stick

Regular Visitor

Problem with Xfinity interface with TV trying to set up Roku streaming Stick

Very frustrated attempting to set up a new Roku streaming stick .Xfinity has been incompetant in being able sort out the fact that I cannot access my Xfinity

channels . Have spent at least 5 hours on the phone with support to no avail. Error message 403-102. cannot connect with xfinity.  Please help.

Expert

Re: Problem with Xfinity interface with TV trying to set up Roku streaming Stick

@Rosa13 wrote:

Very frustrated attempting to set up a new Roku streaming stick .Xfinity has been incompetant in being able sort out the fact that I cannot access my Xfinity

channels . Have spent at least 5 hours on the phone with support to no avail. Error message 403-102. cannot connect with xfinity.  Please help.

what is the device model number. did you ever get the verification link and use chrome or similar to verify your subscription? Is the Roku connected to your own home wifi (not xfinitywifi SSID)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Problem with Xfinity interface with TV trying to set up Roku streaming Stick

Roku streaming stick 3800.
Connected through Home WiFi .
Able to get other platforms like Netflix,..
Just will not connect to Xfinty .
Thanks for responding !
Expert

@Rosa13 wrote:
Roku streaming stick 3800.
Connected through Home WiFi .
Able to get other platforms like Netflix,..
Just will not connect to Xfinty .
Thanks for responding !

using a desk/laptop or smart device (apple/android) get to live viewing in home of your subscription on a numbered channel. verify you are able to view your local channels subscribed. If tat is working, use that device's settings to determine the SSID that is used by the device to connect. Is that the SSID that the Roku is using to connect?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

It is connected to my Wireless network. I can access all other apps on the Roku screen , like Netflix,...

I just cannot get the Xfinity to connect.  I get as far as puttin in the passcode and then it gives me the error message.

I just got off of the phone with Roku and they say it an xfinity problem and xfinity says it is a roku problem.

It must be in a setting of something on xfinities end.  They refused to regiter our wireless router in their system.

Not ure if that could be the problem. Or something like this.

Thanks .

Expert

@Rosa13 wrote:

It is connected to my Wireless network. I can access all other apps on the Roku screen , like Netflix,...

I just cannot get the Xfinity to connect.  I get as far as puttin in the passcode and then it gives me the error message.

I just got off of the phone with Roku and they say it an xfinity problem and xfinity says it is a roku problem.

It must be in a setting of something on xfinities end.  They refused to regiter our wireless router in their system.

Not ure if that could be the problem. Or something like this.

Thanks .

ok that's what I was working toward to verify correct wifi and that it is on my account. did they say why they refused?

Administrator

@Rosa13,

We are sorry for the inconvenience that you are experiencing with your Roku device and the Xfinity Stream App. Please verify that your device is on the list of compatible Roku devices that can work with our Xfinity app, see the information below.

"Initially, the Xfinity Stream Beta app will only be available for use on the following Roku players: Ultra (4660), Ultra (4640), Premiere + 4630, Premiere (4620), Express + (3710 and 3910), Express (3700, 3900), Roku TV (5XXX, 6XXX: Models within the 5000 and 6000 range), Streaming Stick + (3810), Streaming Stick (3600 and 3800), Roku 4 (4400), Roku 3 (4200, 4230), Roku 2 (4210). The Xfinity Stream Beta channel will only appear in the channel store for eligible devices. Devices must be on minimum firmware version 7.5."

If it is on the list, please make sure you are following the activation process fully: 

1. Launch the app and select Get Started to continue.
    App launch screen with Get Started option at bottom.

2. The Activation Code screen will appear on the Roku device. Go to www.xfinity.com/authorize from a mobile, tablet or desktop device web browser (not from the Roku) to continue the activation process.
    Activation screen with 6 spaces for entering activation code.

3. From the web browser (not the Roku device), enter the six-digit code provided.
    Web browser with option to Enter Code.

4. Still from the web browser, enter your Xfinity username and password, then select Sign In.
    Username and password sign-in screen. Sign in option is mid-screen.

5. The web browser will display a Success! message, notifying you that your Roku device screen will update shortly.
    Success! screen.

6. After a brief loading screen on your Roku device, you will be presented with terms of activation. Select Yesto accept the terms and continue. If you select No Thanks, you will be taken back to the first step of the activation process.

Terms of Activation: Cloud DVR Customers
    Terms of Activation screen for cloud DVR customers.

Terms of Activation: Non-Cloud DVR Customers
    Terms of Activation screen for non-cloud DVR customers.

7. Next, you will be asked to name your device.
    Device naming screen with keypad.

8. The home screen should then appear, and you are ready to begin using the app!
    XFINITY Stream Beta app on Roku - home screen.

I hope this helps. If you are getting stuck on a certain step, please post what step here.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi Rosa13, please review the information that ComcastJessie shared and reach back out to me here if you need further assistance. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

What is firmware 7.5 ? What device is that refering to? 

It is a new Roku Stick 3800.

We are able to get to Step 5 in which the screen on the App says Success, BUT we never have seen step 4.

Then the TV screen has an Exit out of the App or  or log out.  There is an error code at the bottom of the TV screen that 

reads : Error drm.session403-102.

I have called Roku 3 times and they say that it is an Xfinity issue, not a Roku issue.  

Please Help !

Is there a setting that has to be changed on a device ?

Official Employee

Step 4 is very important it is how the app reads your entitlements, have you tried removing the app from your Roku stick and adding it back? Can you go to your settings and make sure your firmware is updated? 

Regular Visitor

What is the firmware ?
The app is on my mobile device ( not in the Roku).
I am not sure that I understand what you are trying to tell me.
How can I have control
Over the system skipping step 4 ?
Official Employee

To clarify you are trying to use the Xfinity stream app on you Roku or your mobile device? When you say mobile device, do you mean cell phone? Have you tried signing into your Xfinity account online at www.comcast.com and selecting the TV icon at the top right hand corner of the page? 

Regular Visitor

I am trying to use the Xfinity stream app on my iphone.  I just signed in to my Xfinity account on-line  and selected the TV icon.  I am not sure what you are suggesting I do from there.  You should know that we have a MAC.

Thanks.

Expert

@Rosa13 wrote:

I am trying to use the Xfinity stream app on my iphone.  I just signed in to my Xfinity account on-line  and selected the TV icon.  I am not sure what you are suggesting I do from there.  You should know that we have a MAC.

Thanks.

would you use the Xfinity My Account app, and press the internet button? touch the modem's picture and on next screen compare the serial number shown with your modem's HFC MAC address number. are they exactly the same?

Regular Visitor

they are exactly the same. Now what ?

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

New Poster

Until 3/10 I could watch the xfinity beta app on my Roku tv now I am receiving an error code 403-102. I sign out and authorize again with the code and still receive the error message. Did Something recently update that is now preventing me from using the beta app on my Roku tv?
Regular Visitor

Were you able to get the issue resolved ?
I still have not. No one ever returned my calls from Xfinity.
Official Employee

Hi @Rosa13 and @janrush143

Sorry for the late reply. Are you still receiving the same error code? 

New Poster

Yesterday I did all those steps - more than once - even powered off/on, reset router, etc......

and the Xfinity App still does not work.

I am guessing that the FREE USE of the Xfinity app - is for mobile devices only - and not through the TV via ROKU device. )-; I can watch on my Desktop PC.

my other TV apps still work - I have used this Xfinity app in the past, with an Xfinity Instant TV trial subscription.

I conclude that Xfinity has left out a technical-feature in allowing Internet-Only customers to view Watchathon through the TV via ROKU device, with their Xfinity app.

Admin1

Hi MsFrugaLady -- Watchathon for Internet Only customers is not available on Roku's. It is only available on mobile devices or your PC. It is not available on Roku's for Internet Only customers as Roku's are used as an extension of your cable subscription in lieu of using a cable box for additional TV's. 

New Poster

I can't download Xfinity steam beta, I do get the channel to add when I search for it, the icon picture is greyed out, there Is no picture showing. However, I can select add chennel. I get "channel install failed" and in the purple box below I get "could not add Xfinity Stream Beta.
Expert

@Felina70 wrote:
I can't download Xfinity steam beta, I do get the channel to add when I search for it, the icon picture is greyed out, there Is no picture showing. However, I can select add chennel. I get "channel install failed" and in the purple box below I get "could not add Xfinity Stream Beta.

what is the model number of your roku device and what firmware version are you running on the device?

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem with I have the same problem with Xfinity not connecting to my Roku
diane