Community Forum

Poor quality on the Syfy channel using Xfinity Stream app on Roku

Frequent Visitor

Poor quality on the Syfy channel using Xfinity Stream app on Roku

I've had this issue from the beginning and it appears like we are now posting issues here instead of the on main thread. When I try playing any other channel or video using the Xfinity Stream app on Roku the picture is clear. When I try playing something from Syfy it is blurry and fuzzy looking.

I then immediately switch to the Syfy app on the Roku and the video is clear and looks great. Which rules out a network issue. This has happened ever since the launch of this app, so it has happened several times again ruling out network issues. As each time it goes away and looks fine when switching to the Syfy app.

Expert

Re: Poor quality on the Syfy channel using Xfinity Stream app on Roku

iceman413 wrote:

I've had this issue from the beginning and it appears like we are now posting issues here instead of the on main thread. When I try playing any other channel or video using the Xfinity Stream app on Roku the picture is clear. When I try playing something from Syfy it is blurry and fuzzy looking.

I then immediately switch to the Syfy app on the Roku and the video is clear and looks great. Which rules out a network issue. This has happened ever since the launch of this app, so it has happened several times again ruling out network issues. As each time it goes away and looks fine when switching to the Syfy app.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

iceman413, thanks for reaching out. Are you on mobile data or wiFi? I have done an account refresh. Can you check if you're still seeing a blurry picture for the Syfy network? If so, please uninstall and reinstall the app. Let me know if you see any improvement. 

Frequent Visitor

I'm on WiFi or else the app wouldn't even allow me to watch. In the past I've gotten the error that I'm not on my Xfinity WiFi even though I am, so I don't see any possible way trying to stream over data would work. I only use my Roku on Xfinity Wifi it would be ridiculous to try to use your phone as a hotspot and stream over data.

I just tried a show really quickly through the Roku app and it appears to be much clearer than before, pretty much on par with the Syfy app itself. Hopefully this stays the same as I've never seen a clear picture on Syfy ondemand videos since this app went into beta. Every other channel ABC, NBC, Fox, FX, USA, BBC America, etc. has been clear and looked fine. Syfy has been the only one that has never been clear the entire time.

Official Employee

I'm on WiFi or else the app wouldn't even allow me to watch. In the past I've gotten the error that I'm not on my Xfinity WiFi even though I am, so I don't see any possible way trying to stream over data would work. I only use my Roku on Xfinity Wifi it would be ridiculous to try to use your phone as a hotspot and stream over data.

I just tried a show really quickly through the Roku app and it appears to be much clearer than before, pretty much on par with the Syfy app itself. Hopefully this stays the same as I've never seen a clear picture on Syfy ondemand videos since this app went into beta. Every other channel ABC, NBC, Fox, FX, USA, BBC America, etc. has been clear and looked fine. Syfy has been the only one that has never been clear the entire time.

Cool, glad the reception has cleared up. Let me know if it becomes blurry again.