Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Please add "CC" option to Live TV

Regular Contributor

Please add "CC" option to Live TV

With the Xfinity TV app, I've noticed that the option to toggle CC (icon in lower-right corner) is available while watching On Demand programming or something I've recorded, but surprisingly not while watching a Live TV channel.  Can this be added?  While watching Live TV, it's frustrating to have to exit what I'm watching and play a random On Demand movie or recording just so I can toggle CC.  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Please add "CC" option to Live TV

milehiguy wrote:

With the Xfinity TV app, I've noticed that the option to toggle CC (icon in lower-right corner) is available while watching On Demand programming or something I've recorded, but surprisingly not while watching a Live TV channel.  Can this be added?  While watching Live TV, it's frustrating to have to exit what I'm watching and play a random On Demand movie or recording just so I can toggle CC.  Thanks.

I'm not sure what device you're using but this is the message under settings of the Xfinity TV app using iOS. You may have to turn on CC capability on your device

IMG_0176.PNG

All Replies
Official Employee

milehiguy wrote:

I'm not sure what device you're using but this is the message under settings of the Xfinity TV app using iOS. You may have to turn on CC capability on your device

IMG_0176.PNG
Regular Contributor

Andrew, I'm running iOS version 3.9.2.686 and I was referring to close caption toggle control "CC" which I can now see.  I must have just been looking in the wrong place for it.  i.e. just started watching ESPN under Live TV, then tapped the screen and the channel info (668 ESPNHD SportsCenter) appeared at the bottom left and way over on the right is "CC" in white that I can tap to toggle on.  Sorry for the false alarm.