Community Forum

Playback Issue :: 8001

New Poster

Playback Issue :: 8001

This error message keeps popping up when I try to watch programs from my DVR on my iPad.
Expert

Re: Playback Issue :: 8001

Lester9543 wrote:
This error message keeps popping up when I try to watch programs from my DVR on my iPad.

Recordings viewed on your smart devices are received from the Comcast Cloud DVR (a server) and not from the DVR(s) in your home.  You can attempt to refresh your account to fix this by using your in-home Remote and pressing the "A" button and selecting account refresh. It can take some time to finish updating. 

If that does not work, call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask the representative to do a deep account refresh 'that can take up to an hour to complete'. Also verify that you have the proper Cloud DVR rate code added to your account.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I experience this error almost every day when I try to stream my DVR shows on my iPhone xfinity TV app. Can you please help?
Expert

Mich_S wrote:
I experience this error almost every day when I try to stream my DVR shows on my iPhone xfinity TV app. Can you please help?

what city/state are you in? There have been some outages for a few weeks in some areas.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Having this issue as well. I have deleted the app and re-installed it. I can play on demand movies I purchased or rented but when I try to view my recorded shows on my iPhone I receive that error. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter!