Community Forum

Playback Issue :: 101000.106000 an IOS system error has occurred.

New Poster

Playback Issue :: 101000.106000 an IOS system error has occurred.

I am receiving this error when I try and play a downloaded video on my IPAD. Other devices (my Iphone and a different IPAD) work fine. Please help me fix

Expert

Re: Playback Issue :: 101000.106000 an IOS system error has occurred.


@ArmitageMike wrote:

I am receiving this error when I try and play a downloaded video on my IPAD. Other devices (my Iphone and a different IPAD) work fine. Please help me fix


have you updated your iOS version? have the latest version of the Xfinity Stream TV app? did you return and then re-download the program? will the program stream after you return it?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Playback Issue :: 101000.106000 an IOS system error has occurred.

Yes to all. Have updated all, The program plays fine when returned to the APP and when redownloaded the same issue. It appears that there have been PLENTY of people with the same issue as what I am having - can someone please advise how this was resolved?

New Poster

Re: Playback Issue :: 101000.106000 an IOS system error has occurred.

Mine does the same. I spent 35+ mins on the phone with Xfinity. The techs said it's a problem with the device. I'll have to take it to Apple to figure out a fix (hopefully). Just thought I'd share. what I was told

Expert

Re: Playback Issue :: 101000.106000 an IOS system error has occurred.


@wrun wrote:

Mine does the same. I spent 35+ mins on the phone with Xfinity. The techs said it's a problem with the device. I'll have to take it to Apple to figure out a fix (hopefully). Just thought I'd share. what I was told


was there a two-digit code at the bottom of the screen? were you inside the USA when it happened? live TV (numbered?) live TV(TVgo)? on-demand? recording playback? were you on your own home wifi or on another wifi or cell data?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Playback Issue :: 101000.106000 an IOS system error has occurred.

no 2 digit code. in usa. happens on all live tv dropdown options. i can watch recording, unless they are of an in home viewing only show. i was hooked up to wifi card
New Poster

Re: Playback Issue :: 101000.106000 an IOS system error has occurred.

Having same issue on Samsung. Worked 2 days ago now nothing. Can watch show on demand while connected to wifi. Doesnt work if trying to open show from download. Even though download completed successfully!!!
New Poster

Re: Playback Issue :: 101000.106000 an IOS system error has occurred.

I too am having this problem, and have been for about 6 months. The Xfinity techs are no help, especially the ones offshore.... I have an IPAD 2. I deleted the App and reloaded it from the App store. Here is what happened when I did. The message I get is: "The current version (of Xfinity Stream) requires IOS 10.0 or later, but you can download the last compatible version".........

NOTE: ( the latest IOS version on the IPAD 2 is 9.3.5), So I downloaded the latest compatible version, it and it does not work. 

So, in desperation I called APPLE. Apple told me that the latest version of the IOS available on my IPAD 2, is 9.3.5, (I have it).  Apple also told me that the "last compatible version of Xfinity Stream DOES NOT WORK with IOS 9.3.5." APPLE also told me that they have been getting hundreds of calls about this from Xfinity Stream users. APPLE SAID ME THAT COMCAST KNOWS ABOUT THIS PROBLEM, AND IS DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT (including telling the users). Apple told me that if Comcast does not fix the problem, in order to use the Xfinity Stream App, I will have to buy a newer IPAD.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Playback Issue :: 101000.106000 an IOS system error has occurred.


@vwtlat7 wrote:

I too am having this problem, and have been for about 6 months. The Xfinity techs are no help, especially the ones offshore.... I have an IPAD 2. I deleted the App and reloaded it from the App store. Here is what happened when I did. The message I get is: "The current version (of Xfinity Stream) requires IOS 10.0 or later, but you can download the last compatible version".........

NOTE: ( the latest IOS version on the IPAD 2 is 9.3.5), So I downloaded the latest compatible version, it and it does not work. 

So, in desperation I called APPLE. Apple told me that the latest version of the IOS available on my IPAD 2, is 9.3.5, (I have it).  Apple also told me that the "last compatible version of Xfinity Stream DOES NOT WORK with IOS 9.3.5." APPLE also told me that they have been getting hundreds of calls about this from Xfinity Stream users. APPLE SAID ME THAT COMCAST KNOWS ABOUT THIS PROBLEM, AND IS DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT (including telling the users). Apple told me that if Comcast does not fix the problem, in order to use the Xfinity Stream App, I will have to buy a newer IPAD.


some newer apps depend on the technology in iOS 10+ - time to upgrade if you wish to use the Xfinity Stream TV app. Apple decided not to upgrade older ipads. my ipad mini 2 will soon lose its upgrade ability due to age.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!