Community Forum

Playback Error :: 106000

Expert

Re: Playback Error :: 106000

@Fwmayo wrote:

I was trying to watch NCIS New Orleans  via the Xfinity streaming app on my Nexus tablet. I'm in Seattle WA area. Problem started around 6:00pm PST, 08/03/2018. Code 35

@ComcastElla looks in on this thread often. We've not seen an answer to code 35 yet. were you watching on-demand or a recorded episode or live?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, Fwmayo - Please let us know what episode of NCIS New Orleans you tried to watch and was it a recording or On-demand episode. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have been getting this error for about a month when trying to stream network tv in my home.  I just get this error code 101000.106000. No other numbers 

IMG_0124.PNG

Regular Visitor

I've been getting this error message repeatedly for a week while trying to watch assorted Bravo shows (Real Housewives of NY, Below Deck Meditrranean, etc.) It became so frustrating that I initiated a chat with Xfinity tech support, where it was revealed to me that the download and watch recordings offline feature is being disabled until further notice. I don't know why they continue to give us hope by letting us go through the charade of downloading it only to have there be an "error" or a suggestion to watch the program "on demand" (yeah, would if I could!.) It infuriates me that this disabling of a KEY DVR CLOUD FEATURE is 1) Happening to begin with and 2) Happening apparently in secret! I had to share, and I hope that we'll be able to get it back sooner than later, this was really my sole purpose for having Xfinity.

Official Employee

Hello all,

@Eober - Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name, and CM Mac of your modem. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  I will check your account.

@deeyell - The download feature is not disabled and if you get an error message - I can investigate this issue further. Please private message me your information (your name and the account holder's name). 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Initially I was getting the Playback Error 106000, but now it's transitioned to this really helpful suggestion to watch the show on demand (with commercials) instead of downloaded to my iPad. 

IMG_2604.JPG
Official Employee

@deeyell - Thank you for the explanation. I received your private message and replied back. 

New Poster

Re: stream app error code 3329.11000

When I tey to sign in to the Xfinity stream app I get a message saying "we are having trouble adding this device to your account call and mention error code 3329.11000. But everything I call no one knows what it means?
Official Employee

Re: stream app error code 3329.11000

Hi, Salazarbritt35 - Could you please tell me what device are you trying to add?

New Poster

watching on-demand Weber CD Utah footbaal.
out of the country (Netherlands)
Just get the 106000 message whemb I try to open game.
Official Employee

Hi, parkerjlsmith - Outside of US you can only watch downloaded content. All other content (including On Demand shows) will be blocked. 

Regular Visitor

I am also no longer able to watch shows i've downloaded on the app from my DVR to my iPad.  I get the same message that there is a playback isssue and that the show can be watched on demand.  I am downloading episodes from my DVR to the app on my iPad so I can watch on my commute when I am not connected to wifi.  This started about two weeks ago.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still get the same issue.  Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

Official Employee

@jdtehonica - Thank you for posting in our community forum! I'm trying to see if we have a bigger issue that affects only iPads. By any chance, do you have a different device to try and see if you get the same error message? 

Regular Visitor

I downloaded the app on an iPhone as a test and was able to download and play one of shows from my DVR successfully, just not able to make it work on my iPad.

Official Employee

@jdtehonica - Thank you! I will address it to the engineering team. In the meantime, could you please send me a private message and include your full name? Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. The engineering team will request more examples and I need account information. 

New Poster

It's baaaaaack,playback error 10600, code 35. Was able to watch on Nexus tablet last night 09/15/2018,but not tonight. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the app and still have the error, won't even let me watch the local news. This is the 2nd time in 3 months I've had this problem, very frustrating.

Official Employee

@Fwmayo - Did you try to watch a downloaded content or live TV? 

Regular Visitor

I just started getting this error message this morning.  I've never had a problem before streaming live TV on my iPad.  Any fix for this, Comcast?

Official Employee

Hello all,

I was able to confirm that we currently have a known issue with downloading recordings on iPad 2 and iPad Mini. I'm monitoring the ticket and will provide the updates as soon as we get those. 

Regular Visitor

Thank you. Do you have any idea how long it will take to eradicate?

Official Employee

@deeyell - Unfortunately, no ETA at this moment. However, I'm still monitoring the ticket and I will post updates in this thread. 

New Poster

I'm getting this error with subcode 5.  I'm in the US using the app on my phone (google pixel 2).  This has been going on quite awhile, I was hoping the recent upgrade of the app would clear it up but no dice.  I can stream fine but this occurs on anything I download to my device and try to play back.

Expert

@sandsurfer70 wrote:

I'm getting this error with subcode 5.  I'm in the US using the app on my phone (google pixel 2).  This has been going on quite awhile, I was hoping the recent upgrade of the app would clear it up but no dice.  I can stream fine but this occurs on anything I download to my device and try to play back.

scroll back to 8/15/17 post by @ComcastElla and provide information requested to her via PM.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello all,

The issue should be resolved. If you are still experiencing issues with playing downloaded content on iPad 2/iPad Mini - please sign out and sign back in. If the issue will still persist - send me a private message with your name, account holder's name. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

New Poster

The app was working just fine last week.  Yesterday the app wouldn't  open at all and I had to reinstall it (lost all my downloads of course).

Today I was able to download a program from my DVR and I kept getting "Playback error: 106000" with error code 45 at the bottom.  Tried another show same thing happened.

Any advice?

Expert

@wzb wrote:

The app was working just fine last week.  Yesterday the app wouldn't  open at all and I had to reinstall it (lost all my downloads of course).

Today I was able to download a program from my DVR and I kept getting "Playback error: 106000" with error code 45 at the bottom.  Tried another show same thing happened.

Any advice?

scroll back to 8/15/17 post by @ComcastElla and provide information requested to her via PM.

Official Employee

Hi, wzb - I can check your account. Please send me a private message with your full name, account holder's name. I also need make and model of your device and examples of the failed downloads. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

Contributor

cant play recorder shows offline through app

i can not play shows recorded on dvr offine through app on my 3 andriod devices. I have contact support and had ticket elevated ticket i was just wondering if it is outage or just me. I get "playback error 106000 error 45."

Frequent Visitor

Re: cant play recorder shows offline through app

This happened to me a lot of times I'm getting very frustrated with it

Expert

@stormspotter wrote:

i can not play shows recorded on dvr offine through app on my 3 andriod devices. I have contact support and had ticket elevated ticket i was just wondering if it is outage or just me. I get "playback error 106000 error 45."

hi, you and @wrjones : I moved your posts to this specific thread. scroll back a few posts and send @ComcastElla the information she requested.

Regular Contributor

106000, error 45. Lenovo tablet TB-X103F.
All episodes of SyFy Nightflyer. In US. Same episodes play on Pixel phone. If I am connected via WiFi, I am directed to watch the episodes On Demand. Didn't help when I was on the plane and couldn't watch anything. Clicked @ComcastElla but that just brought me to her page. Didn't see a way to message.
Expert

@sehale wrote:
106000, error 45. Lenovo tablet TB-X103F.
All episodes of SyFy Nightflyer. In US. Same episodes play on Pixel phone. If I am connected via WiFi, I am directed to watch the episodes On Demand. Didn't help when I was on the plane and couldn't watch anything. Clicked @ComcastElla but that just brought me to her page. Didn't see a way to message.

to PM you have to use the 'sign in' link at top right of the forum pages (then you can see the PM option). the 45 means the device you are playing on could not establish a stream rate with DRM trusted path.  you can try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. if that doesn't fix it a reset of the device may fix it. 

Regular Contributor

I am signed in but still not seeing the Private Message option.  However, I uninstalled and reinstalled Stream -and that seemed to fix it.  Thanks

Annotation 2018-12-15 234300.jpg

Official Employee

Hello all, 

If you experience an issue with the Stream App - please feel free to send me a message with your full name, account holder's name (if different) exactly as it's listed on the bill. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

@sehale - My apologies, the PM feature is disabled for your username. I reached out to our Community Manager and requested to enable it for you. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks. Thought I was losing my mind!