Community Forum

Playback Error :: 106000

Expert

Playback Error :: 106000

for anyone seeing the Playback Error :: 106000 error please reply to this thread. In your post please state what code you see at the bottom of the screen (example 35, 45, etc) and what you were doing (example: I was watching a recorded show of Scorpion season 1 episode 2, or I was watching an on-demand show of Scorpion season 1 episode 2). Please state if you are out of the USA when you get the 106000.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Playback Error :: 106000

Playback error 106000, error 45 at the bottom. what does it mean?

Official Employee

@raymondkavlick - The error 106000 is a Native_Error; 45 means NO_USABLE_BITRATE_PROFILE. It should not pop up for a downloaded content but we are in the process of finding a cause. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

This is just awesome.....   I have been receiving the Playback Error::106000 (45) for a month or so and add this to the inability to set recordings via the mobile device....   makes the X1 as irrleveant as my VCR !!!    But please Xfinity.... make sure to continue raising my fee while taking functionality away.

New Poster

I keep getting the error 106000 when ever in trying to watch any show on my xfinity app. Just started doing it yesterday. At the bottom its 45

Expert

wrote:

I keep getting the error 106000 when ever in trying to watch any show on my xfinity app. Just started doing it yesterday. At the bottom its 45

what device and version of the stream app are you using?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have been getting this error for almost a year. It does it when I'm out of Jacksonville area with Comcast in another state and now even out of the country when I have an excellent internet. I don't know why we even have it if you can't use it. Comcast please fix this problem!
Expert

@Navysteve32211 wrote:
I have been getting this error for almost a year. It does it when I'm out of Jacksonville area with Comcast in another state and now even out of the country when I have an excellent internet. I don't know why we even have it if you can't use it. Comcast please fix this problem!

unless you download to your smart device out of country viewing is not possible (no license for it). for other issues what is the code at the bottom of the error screen?

New Poster

Mine says 106000 error 5 when trying to watch on demand. When I try to watch my recordings, it just says there was a problem with playback. This has been going on for at least about a week now.
Expert

@Rmaiten wrote:
Mine says 106000 error 5 when trying to watch on demand. When I try to watch my recordings, it just says there was a problem with playback. This has been going on for at least about a week now.

@ComcastElla will probably see this and reply to your post. if you don't see a sub code at the bottom of the app screen please take a screen capture and post in a reply.

Official Employee

Hello, all!

In order to troubleshoot the issue further (may require an escalation to the Engineering Team) - I need to get your full name and phone/account number. Please send me a private message with the requested information. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I downloaded two shows last night to watch today during lunch.  I got playback error 106000, error 45.  What do I do?  This is not the first time, and it's always so aggravating!  Thanks!

Official Employee

@debsterino - Please send me a message with your full name, phone or account number, and titles for the downloaded shows. I will check your account. 

Regular Contributor

In Thailand now in hotel wifi trying to use app to stream live CNN or other shows and get error.

106000 error 5 

I even turned off `best playback' option.

Recorded shows....same error.

Both devices newer Samsung...Tab  A and Galaxy S8 phone with latest Android. 

Nice job comcast. 

Expert

@desmo907 wrote:

In Thailand now in hotel wifi trying to use app to stream live CNN or other shows and get error.

106000 error 5 

I even turned off `best playback' option.

Recorded shows....same error.

Both devices newer Samsung...Tab  A and Galaxy S8 phone with latest Android. 

Nice job comcast. 

Comcast does not pay for outside of USA rights.

New Poster

Same playback error on my iPad. No additional code at the bottom. Happens anytime I try to watch a show that is still being recorded, even if I'm over an hour behind the live show

Expert

@Kdcuz wrote:

Same playback error on my iPad. No additional code at the bottom. Happens anytime I try to watch a show that is still being recorded, even if I'm over an hour behind the live show

you can only start watching a show that is in process of being recorded if you are in the home using the stream app. 

New Poster

using the stream app on my kindle fire to try to watch the fully recorded episode of the bachelor from tonight (which finished recording over an hour ago), and playback error 106000 (error 5 on bottom of screen) pops up again. this happens far too often. please help.
Expert

@randerson938 wrote:
using the stream app on my kindle fire to try to watch the fully recorded episode of the bachelor from tonight (which finished recording over an hour ago), and playback error 106000 (error 5 on bottom of screen) pops up again. this happens far too often. please help.

@comcastella will check in on this thread when available. 

Regular Contributor

Then create a more user-friendly and useful error message so we do not have to bother you here.

New Poster

Error code 5.  Downloaded newest version today in Portugal.   Never seems to work outside of USA.   Don't you advertise stream anywhere?

Expert

@Hollan1707 wrote:

Error code 5.  Downloaded newest version today in Portugal.   Never seems to work outside of USA.   Don't you advertise stream anywhere?

anywhere 'in the usa". you can download while in the states and watch without need of internet data from whereever you like.

New Poster

Riddle me this. Streaming Xfinity app on my Galaxy phone. When I stream through Verizon cell service, OK. When I steam through WiFi, Comcast Business class, OK. When I attempt to stream through my MiFi mobile hotspot, again Verizon service, I get the 106000 error and error 5. Cannot find stream and channel. Any idea? Cannot run anything on the app.

Expert

@mlund1 wrote:

Riddle me this. Streaming Xfinity app on my Galaxy phone. When I stream through Verizon cell service, OK. When I steam through WiFi, Comcast Business class, OK. When I attempt to stream through my MiFi mobile hotspot, again Verizon service, I get the 106000 error and error 5. Cannot find stream and channel. Any idea? Cannot run anything on the app.

5 is that the app can't get a packet size that is compatible. it is likely that your tether is limited to 3g or 2g 

New Poster

error 33

in us - virginia

streaming on asus pc to tv w/chromecast

Expert

@bodedog wrote:

error 33

in us - virginia

streaming on asus pc to tv w/chromecast

please scroll back to @ComcastElla's post and follow the directions there. the 33 code is not one I recall seeing in a problem.

New Poster

Not correct, full in city wall to wall 4 of 5 bars 4G LTE. What my Jetpack is designed for.

New Poster

Playback error 106000 error 45 twins @ mariners from root recorded 5/27  downloaded and watch gets above error. Only shows the error when in airplane mode. When on data 4g shows generic error can't play watch another show.

Expert

@sultan344 wrote:

Playback error 106000 error 45 twins @ mariners from root recorded 5/27  downloaded and watch gets above error. Only shows the error when in airplane mode. When on data 4g shows generic error can't play watch another show.

do you have the latest version of the stream app? did you update the version after downloading the recording? the 45 means the player doesn't have a 'bit rate' match to the recording.

New Poster

I do not have the latest Steam. Download and playback were with the same version.
Steam was update 6 days ago and the current update release notes do not indicate any relevant changes.
Expert

@sultan344 wrote:
I do not have the latest Steam. Download and playback were with the same version.
Steam was update 6 days ago and the current update release notes do not indicate any relevant changes.

when you update, reply back please with your results.

New Poster

With the penultimate version, the original complaint was with a show downloaded in a fringe cellular data area and yielded error 106000:45.

Same show same version downloaded over WiFi at home yielded no playback issue.

Using the current version no issues with WiFi download.

Is the download process error proof or subject to corruption?

New Poster

I get this. With error 5 at bottom of screen while trying to steam shows on the xfinity app on my tablet!
20180528_222804.jpg
Expert

@MissAmber wrote:
I get this. With error 5 at bottom of screen while trying to steam shows on the xfinity app on my tablet!

In your post please state what code you see at the bottom of the screen (example 35, 45, etc) and what you were doing (example: I was watching a recorded show of Scorpion season 1 episode 2, or I was watching an on-demand show of Scorpion season 1 episode 2). Please state if you are out of the USA when you get the 106000.

New Poster

I download shows to my Nook Galaxy Tab2 at home over my wifi to watch offline.

Killing Eve S1Ep 5,6,7 and Westworld S2 ep6.

Killing Eve S1 Ep5 and Westworld S2 Ep 6 do not play and I receive Error 106000 with error 45 at the bottom.

Killing Eve S1 Ep 6 and 7 play just fine.  All four state that they are downloaded but only the 2 will play.  I have attached screen shots.  This happens to about half of the episode/shows I download.  Downloading is supposed to make using your service easier - I don't have these kinds of issues with any other pay streaming service I download.  For as expensive as Xfinity is one would hope the service would work properly.

Screenshot_20180601-125504.png
Screenshot_20180601-125524.png
Screenshot_20180601-125554.png
Screenshot_20180601-125623.png
Screenshot_20180601-125631.png
Expert

@Speedangel109 wrote:

I download shows to my Nook Galaxy Tab2 at home over my wifi to watch offline.

Killing Eve S1Ep 5,6,7 and Westworld S2 ep6.

Killing Eve S1 Ep5 and Westworld S2 Ep 6 do not play and I receive Error 106000 with error 45 at the bottom.

Killing Eve S1 Ep 6 and 7 play just fine.  All four state that they are downloaded but only the 2 will play.  I have attached screen shots.  This happens to about half of the episode/shows I download.  Downloading is supposed to make using your service easier - I don't have these kinds of issues with any other pay streaming service I download.  For as expensive as Xfinity is one would hope the service would work properly.

@ComcastElla said previously ... The error 106000 is a Native_Error; 45 means NO_USABLE_BITRATE_PROFILE. It should not pop up for a downloaded content but we are in the process of finding a cause. 

from expereince there is no 'fix' for that other than to watch on-demand (if available) or on your home DVR.

New Poster

I’ve done everything 

reinstalled app

on off......

still not working 

2CF8AA15-9EBF-4A5B-9BD6-9FD04FB817C6.png
Frequent Visitor

03050605-BA90-44A7-BC32-2A6CF763F707.png

At home, on two different iPads, trying to access the live stream for multiple channels, I get this error, with no location code. Turning wifi on and off eventually fixes it, but sometimes it take three or four tries.

Editorial comment: This thread is now almost five months old. Could someone from Comcast please let us know whether this has been escalated to engineering and what resources are being used to identify and fix the problem? The way it stands now, if you suddenly start getting this error and find this thread, the distinct impression you get is that it’s never going to get fixed. 

New Poster

Playback error 106000 Error 35

Trying to watch a downloaded tv show on my chrome book
New Poster

I am currently out of the United states
Screenshot_20180701-191718_Stream.jpg
Expert

@Ebenjillo48 wrote:
I am currently out of the United states

your streaming subscription is not available outside of USA. when at home you can download to your smart device and watch anywhere (even overseas).

New Poster

Connection error:: 3305

It’s saying sorry, having trouble retrieving this video. If your intranet connection is otherwise working please try a different channel or program. It’s doing it on all of them but the live stream channels.
New Poster

Still not fixed why?
New Poster

Recorded 2018 Tour de France Stage 3 on 7/9. Downloaded to my Kindle Fire at home this morning 7/10 to watch offline. Downloaded 1143 MB, but I get Playback Error :: 106000, Error 45. Application Version 4.11.0.023
New Poster

Error 5 Also, I was told I would be able to stream STARZ when I got this package. Apparently that was a blatant lie as Xfinity does not share login info with Starz directly and also does not have a smart TV friendly app to install.... Thanks Guys. Great work!
New Poster

Error 10600
Error 35
This has been going in for at least 3 1/2 weeks now.
Expert

@brbecker wrote:
Recorded 2018 Tour de France Stage 3 on 7/9. Downloaded to my Kindle Fire at home this morning 7/10 to watch offline. Downloaded 1143 MB, but I get Playback Error :: 106000, Error 45. Application Version 4.11.0.023

return the recording and try to stream it. works?

Expert

@ccollins550 wrote:
Error 5 Also, I was told I would be able to stream STARZ when I got this package. Apparently that was a blatant lie as Xfinity does not share login info with Starz directly and also does not have a smart TV friendly app to install.... Thanks Guys. Great work!

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/online-tv-through-partner-sites shows the providers that provide access via their app or their web page. Starz is not one of them. Starz prefers to sell access over the top (not via subscription) to raise more money for themselves.

New Poster

Android app 4.11.0.023 (just checked, latest version). Error 45. Purchased movie 2 months ago. Figured I would download it to have on at work in the background. I have not tried it with anything else, just this movie. Everything done within the US. Thank you
New Poster

I was trying to watch NCIS New Orleans  via the Xfinity streaming app on my Nexus tablet. I'm in Seattle WA area. Problem started around 6:00pm PST, 08/03/2018. Code 35