Community Forum

Periodic "Maximum Streams Reached" Intermittent Error

New Poster

Periodic "Maximum Streams Reached" Intermittent Error

I forget the exact message, but fairly often I get a "max streams reached" message when I try to watch am xfinity streaming channel on my roku, at home on my comcast network. For me I see it a lot on ESPN but it's happened elsewhere. I do not think there is a limit of streams I can watch at home but FYI when I see this I (only) have one other ROKU TV active. If I go to other channels and then go back to the one I got the error on, sometimes I need to do this a few times, I finally get the channel. 

I'm wanting to ditch my slig streaming for the xfinity service, and am waiting for this to be fixed. I assume this is the place to report bugs unless someone says otherwise. 

Thanks,

Dan

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Periodic "Maximum Streams Reached" Intermittent Error

DanMN wrote:

I forget the exact message, but fairly often I get a "max streams reached" message when I try to watch am xfinity streaming channel on my roku, at home on my comcast network. For me I see it a lot on ESPN but it's happened elsewhere. I do not think there is a limit of streams I can watch at home but FYI when I see this I (only) have one other ROKU TV active. If I go to other channels and then go back to the one I got the error on, sometimes I need to do this a few times, I finally get the channel. 

I'm wanting to ditch my slig streaming for the xfinity service, and am waiting for this to be fixed. I assume this is the place to report bugs unless someone says otherwise. 

Thanks,

Dan

When the problem happens, go here: https://tv.xfinity.com/settings/devices  and see if any other devices are streaming.