Community Forum

Pandora App

Contributor

Pandora App

I just upgraded to the x1 platform. I'm trying to connect pandora to my comcast user account, but the problem is I DO NOT see Pandora or any other app under my profile as it shows here in this link- http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-apps-connect-your-comcast-id/  I called customer service and Garrett told me they could be working on the site, well it's been like this since 3 pm yesterday afternoon, they work on the site like this all day? I think not? Then he proceeded to ask me if I upgraded to Windows 10, I say yes, he then tells me, it could be a problem with Windows 10 and the site??

I just wanted a smooth transistion and this is not the case. How do I get my Pandora setup if there is not link/tab or whatever to do so??

Thanks for any help in advance!

Shelly 

New Poster

No Pandora App option under my Profile

Under xfinity.com/profile, there does not appear a Pandora App option to link my account to xfinity

My profile doesn't include ANY of the new X1 apps, no Pandora, FB, Twitter, nothing. All I can do is change my name, etc. I just activated X1 within the past week.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: No Pandora App option under my Profile

I assume you mean this web site?

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-apps-connect-your-comcast-id/

Did you use your comcast.net userid and password that is connected to your account?  (|There is no Twitter on mine.)

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

Trogdoor wrote:

Under xfinity.com/profile, there does not appear a Pandora App option to link my account to xfinity

My profile doesn't include ANY of the new X1 apps, no Pandora, FB, Twitter, nothing. All I can do is change my name, etc. I just activated X1 within the past week.

new web bug I guess. they seem to have dropped the word "Pandora" from the profile tile (the gray box with capital "P"). that is the set up for the set top box viewing of Pandora.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Yes, that's the website with the wiki instructions.  But as I said, my profile has none of the options listed, even though when I go to apps on my TV Xfinity menu, it says Pandora is there.  Oh well, it's just a convenience thing, since I also have Amazon Fire and I can play Pandora from there.

Thanks,

Trogdoor, The Burninator!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Pandora App

ShellyG25 wrote:

I just upgraded to the x1 platform. I'm trying to connect pandora to my comcast user account, but the problem is I DO NOT see Pandora or any other app under my profile as it shows here in this link- http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-apps-connect-your-comcast-id/  I called customer service and Garrett told me they could be working on the site, well it's been like this since 3 pm yesterday afternoon, they work on the site like this all day? I think not? Then he proceeded to ask me if I upgraded to Windows 10, I say yes, he then tells me, it could be a problem with Windows 10 and the site??

I just wanted a smooth transistion and this is not the case. How do I get my Pandora setup if there is not link/tab or whatever to do so??

Shelly 

It can take from 24 to 72 hours for all of the back-end services to become available for a newly installed X1 system....   Try looking for the Pandora App in your X1 Profile again later in the day on Saturday.  it just might appear!!!

I have Windows10 on this laptop and it does not affect viewing of my profile, these forums, my devices, etc....

Expert

ShellyG25 wrote:

Shelly 

I would offer a recommendation. Use your own non-comcast email and go to pandora or use phone app pandora and login. once you have it working at pandora use your own email account to set up access on the X1. This will allow you to keep pandora and your personal settings even if you later leave comcast.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Contributor

Ben I have my own pandora account but on the x1 pandora app I can't get passed the screen that tells me to to setup my pandora via my comcast account. If I could that would be nice! 

Expert

ShellyG25 wrote:

Ben I have my own pandora account but on the x1 pandora app I can't get passed the screen that tells me to to setup my pandora via my comcast account. If I could that would be nice! 

https://secure.xfinity.com/profile

go there, login and 'manage connections' on pandora app. 

Contributor

Ben if you read my OP you would see I can't get there, I don't have those options under my profile, as to why I don't know!

Silver Problem Solver

Maybe this forum can help:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Website/bd-p/MyAccountWebsite

Contributor

Robert I don't know how that forum can help me, it's about billing and other account issues, not the issue I am having. Thanks anyways!

Silver Problem Solver

I think there is something wrong with your account.  That's not anything we as users can help you with other than to suggest places you might get the help you need.

Contributor

I have the same issue.  No Apps listed under My Profile

New Poster

I do not have any either--how do you get them

New Poster

Shelly ... were you able to figure it out?  I have the exact same problem and have spent a couple hours looking online and in public forums thinking it cannot possibly be that diffficult ... and yet it is ... I don't have any application links in my profile either and I am a month into my new X1 service ... frustrating ... 

New Poster

I bet it's the cart before the horse issue.  They were in a hurry to get X1 out, but haven't fixed all the issues.

Contributor

A month? Holy cow! Sorry I haven't figured it out yet, the forums are no help what so ever. I've gone through most of them pertaining this issue, did what some have suggested and NOTHING! And customer service is no help either as I don't think they know even after what 2 yrs how this platform works. 

It is very frustrating, as you upgrade to this platform hoping to use ALL features and you can't. There's got to be someone out there in xfinity land that can help us (the frustrated customers) And to stop sending me the same link (profile) there's nothing there for me to work with, it's like they are on repeat lol 

And to geek46 it's been over 48 hrs now and still nothing in my profile, pandora or otherwise!!!

I've added an image to show what I'm talking about

xfinityprofile.jpg
Contributor

I'm having the same issue and no one in this forum or xfinity customer service can seem to help... they are all guessing on what to do or what the problem might be... 

Gold Problem Solver

ShellyG25 wrote:

A month? Holy cow! Sorry I haven't figured it out yet, the forums are no help what so ever. I've gone through most of them pertaining this issue, did what some have suggested and NOTHING! And customer service is no help either as I don't think they know even after what 2 yrs how this platform works. 

It is very frustrating, as you upgrade to this platform hoping to use ALL features and you can't. There's got to be someone out there in xfinity land that can help us (the frustrated customers) And to stop sending me the same link (profile) there's nothing there for me to work with, it's like they are on repeat lol 

And to geek46 it's been over 48 hrs now and still nothing in my profile, pandora or otherwise!!!

I've added an image to show what I'm talking about

Shelly,

The screenshot you pasted is showing the "working" icon with the 3 buttons...  how long have you let this page load?   If it isn't loading at all.... then there is definitely something wrong with your account setup...

-=Ray=-   

Contributor

Wonderful

Gold Problem Solver

ShellyG25 wrote:

Shelly 

Shelly,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to this forum.  Expect a reply either in this thread or via PM ( Private Message ).

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED letters.

Contributor

geek46 it just keeps going and going and going as if it's stuck, I've tried telling the customer service rep this and the proceeded to tell me that it could be Windows 10...which I don't believe!

Gold Problem Solver

ShellyG25 wrote:

geek46 it just keeps going and going and going as if it's stuck, I've tried telling the customer service rep this and the proceeded to tell me that it could be Windows 10...which I don't believe!

I'm sitting here typing this reply in Windows 10 using CHROME and I just checked my profile and saw Pandora, FB, Instagram, Flickr and the Xfinity Share APP...  

For grins, if you have CHROME try it....   But know that your issue was escalated by me an d someone should be contacting you soon for your issue.

-=Ray=-

Contributor

All I use is chrome...so I figured well I'll try it in IE, still the same problem. 

And thank you for escalating this issue Smiley Happy 

Contributor

Oh tried on my phone (iPhone) as well still runs the same way, so it can't be windows 10 Smiley Wink
Gold Problem Solver

ShellyG25 wrote:
Oh tried on my phone (iPhone) as well still runs the same way, so it can't be windows 10 Smiley Wink

I know.... I stated I'm using Windows-10 in message #15 above!  Smiley Wink

-=Ray=-

Contributor

Sorry didn't catch that Ray... lol 

Silver Problem Solver

Another thread showed a snapshot of an account and the web page wasn't loading.  

My profile isn't loading, either.  It may be a Comcast server issue.

https://secure.xfinity.com/profile/

Frequent Visitor

no x-1 apps available in my profile

Why are there no apps to choose from in my profile for my X-1 TV platform? Does this cost more money?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: no x-1 apps available in my profile

The Comcast servers are down.  Notice your page never finishes loading.

New Poster

I guess "me three" isn't all that helpful, but it sure would be nice to get notified when they get this fixed. I was really excited that I'd be able to listen to Pandora, but it's impossible right now. Their instructions show one thing - their web page shows another.

New Poster

I have the same issue and my screen looks the same. Did they ever figure out what is wrong with the page?

Gold Problem Solver

JakeandAlexis wrote:

I have the same issue and my screen looks the same. Did they ever figure out what is wrong with the page?

I believe comcast is aware of this issue now.... Mine isn't loading any longer and other users have posted similarly.......

-=Ray=-

Official Employee

Try again, it wasn't loading before but now it is
Contributor

Mine still doesn't load....it's gotta be a site issue or my account hasn't been updated 

Official Employee

You may have to call in for an "Account refresh"
Expert

I was able to replicate that symbol only by turning off flash and java. the xtv site didn't give more than a black screen either then. reenabled both and all worked.

Contributor

Ben, In the updated version of Chrome you can't disable java, if you did how did you this? In the meantime I'm contacting customer service to see if they can do an account refresh or update on my account. I will be back with the results, crossing fingers something works!

Contributor

Update- on my 4 th rep...they keep sending me to different deparments, seriously???

Contributor

Update- the x1 rep is saying they're dropping the pandora app temporarily thus why I might not be seeing the app in my profile, well that doesn't explain why I can't see any other apps in my profile... it's obviously a profile/account issue... UGH!! They just don't get it...still on phone as you can see it's been quite a while

Contributor

Comcast servers are down?? Well if that's the case they've been down for awhile then, since I've been trying it's been 72 hours, I don't think their servers are down, and none of the reps have told me this. I also have a post in this forum and on the phone with a x1 rep right now hoping to get this resolved...updates are in my post! 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Pandora-App/td-p/2598453

Plus all the other tabs under my profile load just fine, it's just the main tab which should have apps that's not loading correctly

Contributor

Update- seems x1 rep has no clue either...  

I started out with Internet department, which turned me over to tech department which turned me back to Internet department which turned me to x1 support whom now wants to turn me back to Internet department, just told her they said there's nothing they can do since it's "technically" not an Internet issue...and I also told her I'm tired of being passed around to reps, so she's still looking into it, been on the phone for almost an hour, this ridiculous 

Contributor

Well it seems I got the excuse that this is a known issue and they are trying to resolve this issue with the server. As I have been reading this has been an ongoing issue for some time for some customers, some as far back as a year, so you mean to tell me they've been trying to fix this issue since with the server for this long and haven't got it figured out yet? Wow! Seems like we, the ones that can't access our apps in our profiles are screwed, unless by some miracle we go to our profile one day and viola it's there lol 

I was hoping to use all features of the x1 platform, I mean that's why half of us got it right? Well at least me, thought it was a cool new feature that now I can't use Smiley Sad 

Expert

ShellyG25 wrote:

Comcast servers are down?? Well if that's the case they've been down for awhile then, since I've been trying it's been 72 hours, I don't think their servers are down, and none of the reps have told me this. I also have a post in this forum and on the phone with a x1 rep right now hoping to get this resolved...updates are in my post! 

Plus all the other tabs under my profile load just fine, it's just the main tab which should have apps that's not loading correctly

does the xtv.comcast.net site work for you or just black screen?

Contributor

it works for me

Silver Problem Solver

ShellyG25 wrote:

What other explanation is there?

Mine works just like yours; the Devices and Settings tabs work, but the Profile tab won't load.

Sure sounds like a problem in the backend of the web site.

Silver Problem Solver

Don't give up; they will get the server issue resolved and you will be able to set up Pandora.

Gold Problem Solver

RobertWy wrote:
Mine works just like yours; the Devices and Settings tabs work, but the Profile tab won't load.

Sure sounds like a problem in the backend of the web site.

Robert,

Just checked mine... the tabs are all working and I see my Apps... maybe it's a regional/market issue?????

-=Ray=-

Contributor

Ray, I'm starting to wonder that... Just wish they were more knowledgeable and honest with their customers instead of guessing, as one might think it this has been an ongoing issue for a lot of customers that they would of got this figured out by now. Thinking they need a new IT tech hehehe Smiley Happy