Community Forum

Out of country

Regular Visitor

Out of country

I am traveling to Iceland.  How to I get messages  & watch cable on my iPad without charges.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Out of country

@Pb63 wrote:

I am traveling to Iceland.  How to I get messages  & watch cable on my iPad without charges.

Only use wifi connections for messages, but you can't watch xfi streaming outside the USA, its blocked

Gold Problem Solver

@Pb63 wrote: I am traveling to Iceland.  How to I get messages  & watch cable on my iPad without charges.

You can download up to 10 programs to a mobile device and watch them anywhere, even with no Internet connection, but you'd need to do that before leaving the US. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-xfinity-tv-app-download-a-program.

Official Employee

Hello Pb63!

I'm glad you reached out to us with these concerns. It looks like mvenanzi and BruceW have already provided some great advice. You will not be able to stream outside the U.S. but you can download recordings and other programs to your mobile devices to take with you. Be sure to do so beforehand. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions so we can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Pb63, as we have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to download some shows in time so you could enjoy them during your travels. However, if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!