Community Forum

Nvidia Shield TV - Android TV - HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, AND Starz don't work?

Contributor

Nvidia Shield TV - Android TV - HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, AND Starz don't work?

I am a triple play customer, with every channel on my plan.

I just bought an Nvidia Shield TV, and it appears that I cannot set up HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, nor Starz. Xfinity is not a listed provider in those apps.

Can someone please assist?

Regular Contributor

Re: Nvidia Shield TV - Android TV - HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, AND Starz don't work?

mycooler wrote:

I am a triple play customer, with every channel on my plan.

I just bought an Nvidia Shield TV, and it appears that I cannot set up HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, nor Starz. Xfinity is not a listed provider in those apps.

Can someone please assist?

Currently Comcast doesn't authenticate HBO Go, Starz,  Showtime and many other TV Everywhere apps on Android TV devices. Also there is no Xfinity TV app for Android TV. 

The Shield is a great device. It is a shame that there is a lack of Android TV app support by Comcast.

New Poster

Re: Nvidia Shield TV - Android TV - HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, AND Starz don't work?

This has nothing to do with "support" and everything to do with what Comcast wants to allow you to do on its network. Supporting the authentication is a straighforward matter. They just don't want us to have access to content we have already paid for. Please get on the phone, call them, tell them you want that access. Initially Apple TV didn't have access, until it did. We won't get them to open the door unless we all knock. Get knocking. My new Sony Bravia is likewise locked out and I am more than a little annoyed as I look at 280/mo bill with these restrictions.

Gold Problem Solver

Topic now Closed.