Community Forum

Numeric channel selection & up/down icon gone! (“recents” worse too)

New Poster

Numeric channel selection & up/down icon gone! (“recents” worse too)

In the streaming app you've made major changes to the interface.

Please restore:

• the “up/down“ icon which allowed the user to navigate channel list starting at the currently playing channel
  • the numeric channel keypad which allowed user to simply tap in a channel number
  • the channel history format that shows more than just three recent channels before you have to start scrolling to see the rest

So, in general, all of the changes you’ve made to the navigation icons are a major inconvenience… And way less intuitive than before.

Thank you. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Numeric channel selection & up/down icon gone! (“recents” worse too)

Agreed! Does no one else have a problem with this??
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I reported this back on 3/10 ... with the redesign, those feature are probably gone for good.  As I mention in the post (link below), I really miss the selection of channel via on-screen numeric keypad.  Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see it again.

iOS-v4-9-0-1068-no-more-option-to-type-in-channel

Regular Visitor

I also strongly agree.  The prior design was far superior and the app is now far more difficult to use.  For example, to enter channel 300 I have now have to launch the guide (which kills the playing video/channel) scroll from channel 2 to channel 300 and then select play.  This is utter nonsense when before I could just tap the numerical keypad icon and 300.  Then using the channel up/down icon I could scroll through the channels (starting at 300) to see what was playing on surrounding channels - while watching the currently playing channel.  It is so bad that I find myself not using the app because it is such a hassle.

Please restore these changes that you have eliminated and make the app user friendly again!