Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Not all recordings show in the app

New Poster

Not all recordings show in the app

Several of my recordings are not showing up in my app.  For example, I am recording reruns of a show and my home DVR shows that I have 34 episodes of that show recorded. However, when I log into the Stream TV app it only shows the latest 4 episodes.  I have tried logging out and back in on the app, and that doesn’t change anything. I am having this problem on both my iPad and my iPhone.

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Not all recordings show in the app

wjb01 wrote:

Several of my recordings are not showing up in my app.  For example, I am recording reruns of a show and my home DVR shows that I have 34 episodes of that show recorded. However, when I log into the Stream TV app it only shows the latest 4 episodes.  I have tried logging out and back in on the app, and that doesn’t change anything. I am having this problem on both my iPad and my iPhone.

the cloud DVR will only have the last 60 hours of recordings that have completed. oldest are removed as needed for new recordings.

All Replies
Expert

wjb01 wrote:

the cloud DVR will only have the last 60 hours of recordings that have completed. oldest are removed as needed for new recordings.

New Poster

See I am having this issue as well but it seems to pick and choose what it is showing. For instance today is Thursday which means that I recorded Criminal Minds, The Blacklist, Designated Survivor, and Glam Masters. When I look at my app it only shows The Blacklist from last night. Additional shows being showed to me include randomly chosen (I have about 10 and only like 4 are showing) movies I recorded back in January. My DVR is currently showing at 32% full from 15 recordings; however, when I turn on the TV I have the access to all recordings. 

Additionally, I have deleted shows (reruns of a show that I have set to record and like to have if I have nothing else to watch) to allow for more space but still I am not getting any additional shows on my iPad list. 

Could someone please advise me?

Expert

@AshleysPLL wrote:

See I am having this issue as well but it seems to pick and choose what it is showing. For instance today is Thursday which means that I recorded Criminal Minds, The Blacklist, Designated Survivor, and Glam Masters. When I look at my app it only shows The Blacklist from last night. Additional shows being showed to me include randomly chosen (I have about 10 and only like 4 are showing) movies I recorded back in January. My DVR is currently showing at 32% full from 15 recordings; however, when I turn on the TV I have the access to all recordings. 

Additionally, I have deleted shows (reruns of a show that I have set to record and like to have if I have nothing else to watch) to allow for more space but still I am not getting any additional shows on my iPad list. 

Could someone please advise me?

if your recording entry for Blacklist for example says to record only new episodes and you delete the new the repeat will not record. when you manually delete a recording it deletes the recording on both the home DVR and the cloud DVR. The home DVR has more room than the cloud DVR.

New Poster

I have the same problem and it has been happening for several months. I understand the whole 60 hour limit on the cloud but I still have room left. There are several shows that were recorded on my dvr last night that refuse to show up in the app today. There is also at least one show that I record every week that refuses to show up on the cloud every week. The shows are available on the dvr but not in the app. I tried installing the app on a new mobile device and it has the same problem. Anyone have any other ideas?

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I have the app installed on a brand new ROKU and even though my DVR has 100 recordings (45% full) the app on the ROKU only shows 24 recordings. I just stopped at my Xfinity office but they had never heard of such a problem. They suggested that I cancel the app and re-install. Did that, but the problem is not corrected. 

Expert

@11ruegounod wrote:

I am having the same problem. I have the app installed on a brand new ROKU and even though my DVR has 100 recordings (45% full) the app on the ROKU only shows 24 recordings. I just stopped at my Xfinity office but they had never heard of such a problem. They suggested that I cancel the app and re-install. Did that, but the problem is not corrected. 

the roku xfinity stream app, like the apple and android versions of the stream app show only the limited cloud DVR content. The Roku is not MoCA enabled so it can not see the recordings on your physical home DVRs.

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue.  I just recorded 6 shows but the 2 I want to download to my phone are not showing.  I use to try to call the call center when I would have issues but they do not seem to have trained people who can help with the mobile app.  Wish they would fix their mobile app / cloud functionality.

Expert

@brandy_luree1 wrote:

I have the same issue.  I just recorded 6 shows but the 2 I want to download to my phone are not showing.  I use to try to call the call center when I would have issues but they do not seem to have trained people who can help with the mobile app.  Wish they would fix their mobile app / cloud functionality.

did the in-home DVR properly record the episodes?

New Poster

I understand that shows the last 60 hours recorded. But is they ANY way to retrieve older recording onto the APP, I know at home on my DVR there are 7 episodes of a show, an my App only shows 4. And I ya e Thai with several shows my husband and I both travel TONS! And we’re at a point. Now where the APP is only 40% full but with only 4 episdoes of a a few shows and we can’t watch the episodes were missing, and we’ve been our of town for a month, and the shows on the On demand don’t show the few episodes that are in between. So we can’t watxh what we have....
Is there ANY way to get the missing shows to show in the app or are we SOL? We never had this issue when we could delete recording prior to their recording . ( a few shows we both watch get re aired each week with new titles like “ blah blah blah: social thread” or “ blah blah blah: extended cut” and we can’t delete these till after they record now so it eats up the 60 hours like mad! ( i know that’s a law suit issue with the technician for the app and. Not about this topic)
Just wondering cause we want to watch our shows but won’t be home for another 2 weeks and we literally can’t watch anything
Official Employee

Hello all,

@brandy_luree1 - Could you please provide the titles of the missing recordings? You can send me a private message if you won't want to post it publicly. 

@Starsharks - Are you trying to recover the recordings from the Cloud/App? Unfortunately, there is no way to modify recordings remotely.