Community Forum

No video subscription on Xfinity stream app on Roku tv

Regular Visitor

No video subscription on Xfinity stream app on Roku tv

I have been getting an error message that says I need a video subscription on my roku tv. I have called several times to troubleshoot and nothing has helped, even requested someone come out to physically see it and they too didn’t know what to do. I am on my home wifi and have tried uninstalling the app, resetting the modem, factory reset the tv as well. It was working but since the middle of December it hasn’t been. The tv is compatible and it’s updated also. I’m really frustrated at this point because we have this same message on our daughters tv which means we can’t use the app in the living room nor her room. Can someone please help out!
Expert

Re: No video subscription on Xfinity stream app on Roku tv

@Adpratt1 wrote:
I have been getting an error message that says I need a video subscription on my roku tv. I have called several times to troubleshoot and nothing has helped, even requested someone come out to physically see it and they too didn’t know what to do. I am on my home wifi and have tried uninstalling the app, resetting the modem, factory reset the tv as well. It was working but since the middle of December it hasn’t been. The tv is compatible and it’s updated also. I’m really frustrated at this point because we have this same message on our daughters tv which means we can’t use the app in the living room nor her room. Can someone please help out!

do you have installed, working X1 set top boxes in your home? is your Roku TV connected to your own home wifi SSID not the xfinitywifi SSID?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Rustyben, yes to both questions. I was told yesterday they would need to do an account rebuild, ever heard of that?
Expert

@Adpratt1 wrote:
Rustyben, yes to both questions. I was told yesterday they would need to do an account rebuild, ever heard of that?

it possibly is the same as the billing department's deep background account database refresh (takes up to an hour to complete). let us know if it is working 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hey, Adpratt1. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you have been having issues with streaming on the Roku. If you still find yourself not being able to stream, please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, Adpratt1. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.