Community Forum

No HD channels on Xfinity Stream Beta for Roku

New Poster

No HD channels on Xfinity Stream Beta for Roku

I saw another post exactly like this and customer was getting SD channels but not the HD channels.  The answer they received was that they had to be subscribed to HD.  I am and still do not get channels.  I called support and they just passed me off and said to wait.  Maybe time will heal all wounds, but I am not confident in that.  The tech also said there was much she could do.  I only use the app on occasion, but it is useless/worthless watching in SD.  I have already reinstalled twice and rebooted the Roku.  What else can be done?

New Poster

Re: No HD channels on Xfinity Stream Beta for Roku

BTW...I get all the HD channels on my phone and desktop computers just fine.

Expert

@DoomedDad wrote:

I saw another post exactly like this and customer was getting SD channels but not the HD channels.  The answer they received was that they had to be subscribed to HD.  I am and still do not get channels.  I called support and they just passed me off and said to wait.  Maybe time will heal all wounds, but I am not confident in that.  The tech also said there was much she could do.  I only use the app on occasion, but it is useless/worthless watching in SD.  I have already reinstalled twice and rebooted the Roku.  What else can be done?

I was on a plan that included HD and one change long ago in the stream app at the time removed all cable HD channels and didn't allow playback of HD recordings. I just changed 'back' to a new contract that includes HD and on change after a few days no HD would play (recordings would start and crash the app, live just crashed app when you selected watch).  I just removed the app, re-added the app (moved to its home position too) and reauthorized. now it does work and no more crashing. HD recordings in the cloud play too.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have another Roku that works correctly.  I still have all my HD channels.  Nothing changed there.  I called Comcast and they said everything was correct on their end and there wasn't anything more they could do.  I would have to contact Roku, who doesn't have support.  Comcast also suggested that I wait overnight and there may be an update.  It's been over a week and no change.  I have uninstalled and reauthorized it several times and no change.  All the SD channels appear, just no HD.

Expert

@DoomedDad wrote:

I have another Roku that works correctly.  I still have all my HD channels.  Nothing changed there.  I called Comcast and they said everything was correct on their end and there wasn't anything more they could do.  I would have to contact Roku, who doesn't have support.  Comcast also suggested that I wait overnight and there may be an update.  It's been over a week and no change.  I have uninstalled and reauthorized it several times and no change.  All the SD channels appear, just no HD.

comcast made some account changes (database handling). try signing out of that roku and then back in (will have to authorize).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!