Community Forum

New Xfinity remote app (Android)

Silver Problem Solver

New Xfinity remote app (Android)

There isn't a particular forum for this app, but I hope this is OK as the closest.

I am testing the Xfinity Remote app on my Android phone. I do NOT have X1.

The list of scheduled DVR recordings is bizarre. As seen in the pics below, the ABC shows are either missing or showing the wrong titles. That 'Valerie's Home Cooking' is actually the entry for Speechless (has correct time and channel). "The Goldbergs" is missing. That "Overheard" is actually supposed to be "blackish", and again shows the correct time and channel. Here in Chicago, WLS is the ABC station, and it is configured for channel 187, the HD version.

How can it have the right time and channel, but the wrong title and description? It would also be nice if the title text was a bit smaller so it would fit on the screen. Also nice would be to list the channel name and/or number so I don't have to dig into the details to find that.

XFRemote1.jpgXFRemote2.jpg

Schedule1.jpgSchedule2.jpg

Official Employee

Re: New Xfinity remote app (Android)

andyross wrote:

There isn't a particular forum for this app, but I hope this is OK as the closest.

The list of scheduled DVR recordings is bizarre. As seen in the pics below, the ABC shows are either missing or showing the wrong titles. That 'Valerie's Home Cooking' is actually the entry for Speechless (has correct time and channel). "The Goldbergs" is missing. That "Overheard" is actually supposed to be "blackish", and again shows the correct time and channel. Here in Chicago, WLS is the ABC station, and it is configured for channel 187, the HD version.

How can it have the right time and channel, but the wrong title and description? It would also be nice if the title text was a bit smaller so it would fit on the screen. Also nice would be to list the channel name and/or number so I don't have to dig into the details to find that.

Thank you for reporting this. Our engineering team was able to track down and resolve this issue which was impacting some users. Can you retest and let me know if the program data is appearing correctly for you now?

Silver Problem Solver

Still odd stuff. For today (Monday 10/17), at 9:01 pm (CDT) on NBC (WMAQ-HD 188), it should be "Timeless" with episode S1E03 "Atomic City". The app says "The Weighting Game" as title, with no episode info.

My scheduled recording of "The Odd Couple" on CBS is missing.

Expert

ComcastDan wrote:

andyross wrote:

Thank you for reporting this. Our engineering team was able to track down and resolve this issue which was impacting some users. Can you retest and let me know if the program data is appearing correctly for you now?

the tv remote app on android just copies the format of x1 (putting in folders for episodes) instead of the tv remote's DVR manager format of newest to oldest separated by date. Now the oldest can't be determined without looking thru each folder and trying to remember as you look at more and more series. Please have them look at that listing to restore it to the tv remote type of listing.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

andyross wrote:

Still odd stuff. For today (Monday 10/17), at 9:01 pm (CDT) on NBC (WMAQ-HD 188), it should be "Timeless" with episode S1E03 "Atomic City". The app says "The Weighting Game" as title, with no episode info.

My scheduled recording of "The Odd Couple" on CBS is missing.

Hi Andy, our engineers are looking into your issue. I will get back to you once I have a resolution. Sorry for the delay.