Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

New Xfinity TV App bugs

Frequent Visitor

New Xfinity TV App bugs

Running latest version 3.9.2.686

Some program downloads reach 100% then start over again at 0% repeatedly. Have to cancel the download.

Some program downloads get to 3 or 4% then restart at 0% repeatedly.  Have to cancel the download.

When watching some downloaded shows it will suddenly jump back to the beginning for a second, then back to where it was for a second, repeatedly.  No controls work to stop or recover from this error and have to cancel the app entirely.

Expert

Re: New Xfinity TV App bugs

mikelap wrote:

Some program downloads reach 100% then start over again at 0% repeatedly. Have to cancel the download.

Some program downloads get to 3 or 4% then restart at 0% repeatedly.  Have to cancel the download.

When watching some downloaded shows it will suddenly jump back to the beginning for a second, then back to where it was for a second, repeatedly.  No controls work to stop or recover from this error and have to cancel the app entirely.

on some other recent threads comcast has told us that this is a current Apple OS bug that is to be corrected with version 10.1.2 due shortly. 

Official Employee

Rustyben wrote:

mikelap wrote:

on some other recent threads comcast has told us that this is a current Apple OS bug that is to be corrected with version 10.1.2 due shortly. 

Yes, but actually iOS 10.2 is the release that Apple fixed this in, I believe. Currently in Beta.

New Poster

I was having this issue while still on IOS 9 so I thought updating to IOS 10 would resolve it, but no luck.  I tried the app on my andriod phone and was not able to complete a download there either.  Are you sure it is an IOS 10 issue?

Expert

Tdaniels90 wrote:

I was having this issue while still on IOS 9 so I thought updating to IOS 10 would resolve it, but no luck.  I tried the app on my andriod phone and was not able to complete a download there either.  Are you sure it is an IOS 10 issue?

comcast employees have a lab where they test and have confirmed a few weeks ago it was a 3rd party problem (IOS) that was to be fixed shortly (now in beta), so yes, pretty certain.

Expert

adding.. 

the iOS 10.2 beta is fully public and scheduled release in December. go to https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/ to get the beta and use it now.