Community Forum

Need reliable information on the Roku Xfinity App

Highlighted
Contributor

Need reliable information on the Roku Xfinity App

I have an Arris XG1v3 on one TV and three PX032ANI set top boxes for three other TV's. If I disconnect them, install Roku devices on each one, will the Roku Xfinity apps have the same functionality as the Arris XG1v3...record TV shows, play them back, etc.?

All of them are smart TV's but none have Roku native apps.

Thanks in advance.

Expert

Re: Need reliable information on the Roku Xfinity App

@richf7 wrote:

I have an Arris XG1v3 on one TV and three PX032ANI set top boxes for three other TV's. If I disconnect them, install Roku devices on each one, will the Roku Xfinity apps have the same functionality as the Arris XG1v3...record TV shows, play them back, etc.?

All of them are smart TV's but none have Roku native apps.

Thanks in advance.

if you keep your current setup, swap one of the xi3 devices for an Xg2 and when it is running reboot the other 2 Xi3 (this will free up your DVR's tuners and its DOCSIS modem so you can record up to 6 shows at one time or 5 and watch one (on that device). the Xg2 has its own tuner and 3 more to loan out to devices. 

since you have set top boxes installed you can have up to 5 devices streaming at any moment, the 6th would not connect and will just fail to stream. the Roku only accesses the Cloud/streaming service and has no pause of live TV, no rewind of live TV, nor a record button capability to set recordings. the Roku devices will only see the cloud DVR's content of the last 60 hours. The router must be close enough and powerful enough to deliver stream to the 3 roku's and any other devices (desk/laptops, smart phones, etc). The data used by the xfinity stream beta app on the roku does not count toward your 1 TB usage cap (but your router will see the traffic). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!