Community Forum

Need Help Removing Roku App Blacklisting

Frequent Visitor

Need Help Removing Roku App Blacklisting

Yesterday I called in to report my results after being asked to see if the bugs I reported appear on a different Roku device. I had an old Premiere+ lying around, so after confirming that there were the same bugs, I called tech support to report it. Instead of transferring me to the Stream app team, the woman's actions resulted in my Roku being blacklisted from using the Stream app (or channel as Roku calls them). I need to have my Streaming Stick whitelisted again because I can't hang a box off the wall forever and level 3 support hasn't been able to fix it.

The app keeps saying that I'm on public WiFi and not my home's when it isn't and gives the error createDrmSession.403-102. I've tried all the suggestions here and on Reddit (what difference using a DDNS service makes I don't know) and even reset the stick twice, completely removing and adding it to my Roku account.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Need Help Removing Roku App Blacklisting

Never mind. Figured out another way to clear the blacklisting on my own. It's probably not an option for most people and if Comcast Level 3 support can't figure it out, then there will be some Rokus thrown out as useless if, like me, it's the only thing I use it for. For everything else I use a Fire TV.

Official Employee

Re: Need Help Removing Roku App Blacklisting

Hello @voyager62, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you experienced around this Roku concern. Thanks for providing this update and I'm happy to hear you were able to get this corrected on your end. Please be sure to reach out to us for any future issues or concerns, we're here to help. We value and appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!