Community Forum

NBC Sports Philly not working on app

New Poster

NBC Sports Philly not working on app

I have had Xfinity service and been using the beta app for 3 months on two Samsung TV's. There were no problems at first, then about 6 weeks ago NBC Sports Philly stopped working. This is the only channel not working correctly. The video comes through as digital noise. It's a very blocky version of the last channel I was tuned to but the NBC Sports audio is present.

The channel works fine through through the box on my Vizio tv and through the streaming apps on my phone and tablet.

I called customer service and after uninstalling and reinstalling and signals being sent to my box, they sent out a tech. Nothing was fixed. He said he put a ticket in for it to be fixed. That was about 3 weeks ago. It has not been fixed.
Expert

Re: NBC Sports Philly not working on app

@Tmcguck1 wrote:
I have had Xfinity service and been using the beta app for 3 months on two Samsung TV's. There were no problems at first, then about 6 weeks ago NBC Sports Philly stopped working. This is the only channel not working correctly. The video comes through as digital noise. It's a very blocky version of the last channel I was tuned to but the NBC Sports audio is present.

The channel works fine through through the box on my Vizio tv and through the streaming apps on my phone and tablet.

I called customer service and after uninstalling and reinstalling and signals being sent to my box, they sent out a tech. Nothing was fixed. He said he put a ticket in for it to be fixed. That was about 3 weeks ago. It has not been fixed.

I'm confused. you posted in the stream app area and referenced samsung stream app but said they sent signals to your box. does the channel work on your X1 set top box connected TV? does it work on other stream app devices (desk/laptop, roku, smart phone/tablet)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes it works fine on the X1 box. I was also confused as to why they would bother sending the signal when I told them it worked fine on the box. The channel works fine on both my phone and tablet with the stream app. It's only on the beta app on both my Samsung TVs. One is a Q model and the other is an N model.
New Poster

I replied a few days ago. Not sure if I replied to you or my original post, but the issue has been fixed since. I hope it is something they have been working on since the tech came out and not something they discovered and fixed after I posted in the forum.