Community Forum

NBC Sports App authentication failed

Highlighted
New Poster

NBC Sports App authentication failed

My Xfinity programming package includes the NBC Philadelphia Regional Sports channels (NBC Sports Philadelphia and NBC Sports Philadelphia +)  I have installed the NBC Sports and My Teams apps on my iPad and iPhone, but when I attempt to access any live content on either of the NBC Philadelphia sports channels I get an Authentication Error   This network is not included in your current television subscription.  Please contact your TV provider to subscribe  http://my.xfinity.com/upgrade

I am able to watch on my set top boxes and am also able to watch on my home network on the Xfinity stream app.  Its only the NBC Sports app that is giving me issues.  This becomes a problem if I am away from home and cannot stream those channels.

I have contacted Technical support but thus far they have not been able to assist.

Any ideas?  

Problem Solver

Re: NBC Sports App authentication failed

@Lhartman209 wrote:

My Xfinity programming package includes the NBC Philadelphia Regional Sports channels (NBC Sports Philadelphia and NBC Sports Philadelphia +)  I have installed the NBC Sports and My Teams apps on my iPad and iPhone, but when I attempt to access any live content on either of the NBC Philadelphia sports channels I get an Authentication Error   This network is not included in your current television subscription.  Please contact your TV provider to subscribe  http://my.xfinity.com/upgrade

I am able to watch on my set top boxes and am also able to watch on my home network on the Xfinity stream app.  Its only the NBC Sports app that is giving me issues.  This becomes a problem if I am away from home and cannot stream those channels.

I have contacted Technical support but thus far they have not been able to assist.

Any ideas?  

I think you have to sign in on your device and choose Xfinity or Comcast and use the activation code that shows up on the screen. Good luck!

New Poster

Re: NBC Sports App authentication failed

I have done that multiple times with no success.