Community Forum

NBC Audio on Xfinity Stream App

New Poster

NBC Audio on Xfinity Stream App

I am unable to hear audio (voices) on NBC shows while using the Xfinity Stream App on my iPad. I can only hear distorted background music. It does not seem to be a problem with other networks shows on the app. I updated the app and it is still a problem. Is there a way to fix this?

New Poster

Re: NBC Audio on Xfinity Stream App

I have same problem. 

Expert

using a desk/laptop go to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/ and login. upper right corner select the 'gear' (settings) and then language. check to see that "SAP"  English is selected. Then hit back, and select Accessibility. be sure Audio Description is 'off'. working now?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi. I am having the same problem and tried checking both settings you suggested. They are both set as you indicated so that is not the problem. I only have an issue when playing back recorded programs using the Xfinity app on my iPhone. If I play the same exact NBC recording back from the DVR there are no audio issues. A problem only happens with recordings from NBC not other channels. And it only happens when I use my iPhone XFINITY up
Expert

@Curlyj wrote:
Hi. I am having the same problem and tried checking both settings you suggested. They are both set as you indicated so that is not the problem. I only have an issue when playing back recorded programs using the Xfinity app on my iPhone. If I play the same exact NBC recording back from the DVR there are no audio issues. A problem only happens with recordings from NBC not other channels. And it only happens when I use my iPhone XFINITY up

play a recording on your iphone and pause it. press the white icon in lower right corner. is audio 'english' set to "on"?  

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am having the same problem.
Expert

@BMW1646 wrote:
I am having the same problem.

what device are you using? are you on your home wifi? are you watching the numbered 'linear" channels? on-demand? recordings? did you try a different device (phone/tablet/roku/desk/laptop)?

New Poster

Roku device. Access via Comcast beta app.  Audio times out 1 minute on my NBC. on both using roku device. Do not have any other way to change devices.

Official Employee

Roku device. Access via Comcast beta app.  Audio times out 1 minute on my NBC. on both using roku device. Do not have any other way to change devices.

BMW1646, is this issue on live TV? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am experiencing the same issue on just the live NBC channel, xfinity beta, through my Roku. Sound times out after 1 minute and all settings are the same as for my other channels. Uninstalled and reinstalled after restarting the roku. Issue still occurring on just that channel.
New Poster

Streaming NBC on Roku using Xfinity Beta app. Audio is still timing out after 1 minute. Needs a fix!?

New Poster

No fix here?
Official Employee

Thanks, BMW1646.

Can you send me a private message? I want to do some troubleshooting on your account.

Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am having the same problem but with two CBS shows. It doesn’t happen all the time. I can play other shows with no problem. It happens on 3 different devices but not when I play it back on the dvr.

New Poster

I am also having the problem with NBC live station on Roku’s. I have one cable box and it plays back fine but on both Roku use the audio and video will sync up for a while and then either slow down or rewind quickly and the audio slows down it has been happening for about a week and a half only on this channel
Official Employee

Greetings, BrenFer and Dtinnell! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I wanted to follow up to see if you are still having the issue with the audio problems. Please let me know.

New Poster

Right now the play back is fine. It only happens every now and then.

Official Employee

Thank you for that update, BrenFer. Please let us know if the issue starts acting up more than the normal and we can look further into it.