Community Forum

My xfinity stream app will not download

Regular Visitor

My xfinity stream app will not download

I've tried everything possible, clearing the cache and data, resetting the app, and restarting my phone. Theirs nothing else that will help or any other instructions. Has anyone had this issue before and if so, have you figured out how to fix it on an android phone (metro pcs).
Expert

Re: My xfinity stream app will not download

@LFosterjr85 wrote:
I've tried everything possible, clearing the cache and data, resetting the app, and restarting my phone. Theirs nothing else that will help or any other instructions. Has anyone had this issue before and if so, have you figured out how to fix it on an android phone (metro pcs).

do you mean download and install the xfinity stream TV app or downloading recordings to your phone?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I was talking about the xfinity stream app. I also realized that I could not download the xfinity management app neither.
Expert

@LFosterjr85 wrote:
I was talking about the xfinity stream app. I also realized that I could not download the xfinity management app neither.

what device (type and operating system) are you using that is failing to downlad?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I'm using a metro pcs LG Stylo 4 cell phone
Expert

@LFosterjr85 wrote:
I'm using a metro pcs LG Stylo 4 cell phone

is that an android phone?  if so check the version of operating system (settings app >> about phone >> software info. what is the android version? when downloading do you get an error message?

Regular Visitor

It is an android and NO it didn't have any downloads niether, it says everything is up to date and as of April 10th it shows I have the latest software.
Expert

@LFosterjr85 wrote:
It is an android and NO it didn't have any downloads niether, it says everything is up to date and as of April 10th it shows I have the latest software.

when downloading do you get an error message?

Regular Visitor

Yeah it says CANNOT DOWNLOAD XFINITY STREAM then says try the troubleshooting but niether of them worked otherwise I wouldn't be talking to you🤓
Expert

@LFosterjr85 wrote:
Yeah it says CANNOT DOWNLOAD XFINITY STREAM then says try the troubleshooting but niether of them worked otherwise I wouldn't be talking to you🤓

are you able to stream the recording successfully? do you receive an error code number?