Community Forum

Mtv app comcast not listed as provider

Highlighted
New Poster

Mtv app comcast not listed as provider

Hello,

I have had the mtv app forever on my ipad and now all of a sudden comcast/xfinity isnt a provider. Is this a glitch in the system or can xfinity customers not use their accounts for the mtv app?

Expert

Re: Mtv app comcast not listed as provider

JM1218 wrote:

Hello,

I have had the mtv app forever on my ipad and now all of a sudden comcast/xfinity isnt a provider. Is this a glitch in the system or can xfinity customers not use their accounts for the mtv app?

3rd party app owners determine who can use account access from Comcast. you might want to tweet their customer service. this link will show the sites currently taking your Comcast subscription credentials. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/online-tv-through-partner-sites

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I've been having the same problem and came here for help! Download the Xfinity stream tv app and sign in with you comcast account on there and it should work!
Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Nothing MTV related shows up on the stream app. This whole thing is so frustrating!
Expert

Saxel04 wrote:
Nothing MTV related shows up on the stream app. This whole thing is so frustrating!

at home using your X1 set top box, what linear channel number do you use? note the channel number and while at home connected to your home wifi, use a smart device and the Xfinity Stream TV app to view that very same channel. does that channel play on the app? if not, does the channel appear but no video? any error message?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Administrator

All,

We apologize for any inconvenience that you may be experiencing. The owner of this network recently removed XFINITY from its list of supported providers because they previously included it in error. You can still watch this programming anytime, anywhere via the XFINITY Stream app for mobile devices or online using the XFINITY Stream web portal.

New Poster

This is pretty frustrating as it takes at least 24 hours for the shows to become available on demand.
Official Employee

Alberttit wrote: This is pretty frustrating as it takes at least 24 hours for the shows to become available on demand.

You can always set your DVR to record your favorite content so you never miss a second of the action. 

New Poster

ComcastJessie, am I missing something? Is the only way to watch MTV shows on my Apple TV through the Xfinity Stream App, which is not downloadable via the Apple App store on my Apple TV and only on my phone? Do I have to mirror the Xfinity Stream App from my phone to my Apple TV? Yikes. This is really bad if so. Please tell me I've got this wrong...

New Poster

Comcast, you guys need to get it together! Customers should be able to watch the shows they pay for via apps on their Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Firestick, etc. So bad. So many restrictions. No airplay from phone to Apple TV. Just so bad on so many levels. 

New Poster

It doesnt show current season on the xfinity stream. This is so frustrating and more complicated than it should be!
Official Employee

Hello all,

I fully understand the frustration but please take into consideration:

1) We don't own any content. The network decides what shows, seasons, episodes we will have available to provide.

2) In order to provide our app on different platforms - both sides should agree. We are constantly working to provide the best customer experience on the market.  

If you experience any technical issues please create a separate public thread and we will assist you further.

Thank you!