Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Mobile App not working properly

New Poster

Mobile App not working properly

Over the last 3 weeks I have been having issues with the shows on my iPad App.

Example: TV Show 24 Legacy..... 2 weeks ago my iPad app only had 9 mins of the show available to watch so I had to wait til I was home to watch the show entire show on my DVR.  This weeks episode I could not get to load on my ipad so I had to watch it thru the on demand section on my ipad app.

There are other shows I have the same issue but I never had any of these problems in the past.  Need help!!

Official Employee

Re: Mobile App not working properly

mdrieck wrote:

Over the last 3 weeks I have been having issues with the shows on my iPad App.

Example: TV Show 24 Legacy..... 2 weeks ago my iPad app only had 9 mins of the show available to watch so I had to wait til I was home to watch the show entire show on my DVR.  This weeks episode I could not get to load on my ipad so I had to watch it thru the on demand section on my ipad app.

There are other shows I have the same issue but I never had any of these problems in the past.  Need help!!

I'm sorry for the trouble. It sounds like you have corrupted and truncated Cloud DVR recordings (these are separate from those on your physical DVR). Do you happen to live in the Twin Cities or Detroit area? I've noticed most of these reports come from those markets.  Again, sorry. On Demand is a smart workaround if available - glad you discovered that on your own.

-ComcastDan

New Poster

No ...I am in the NW suburbs of Chicago

Official Employee

mdrieck wrote:

No ...I am in the NW suburbs of Chicago

Thank you for the response. I'll share your experience with the Cloud DVR team. 

New Poster

So is there a solution or is this something that Comcast needs to fix on their end? How soon can this be corrected?

Frequent Visitor

I have same issues, plus 8001 error code.  In Chicago suburbs too.  Trouble shot with level 3 tech multi times, tech to the house, all new equipment.