Community Forum

Missing recordings

New Poster

Missing recordings

I’m getting really frustrated. So I have quite a few things on my DVR I’d love to watch on breaks at work or on the stream app on my Roku in my bedroom, but every time I try to access the DVR it only shows like two of my recordings and says it’s full. I’m getting mad. Like I could have ten episodes of something stored on my regular DVR and only four of them show up on the stream app. I had a movie I was watching tonight in my living room, I wanted to go to bed and keep watching it there- and lo and behold it’s not on the recordings section of the stream app. Anyone else experience this?
Expert

Re: Missing recordings

CJ51991 wrote:
I’m getting really frustrated. So I have quite a few things on my DVR I’d love to watch on breaks at work or on the stream app on my Roku in my bedroom, but every time I try to access the DVR it only shows like two of my recordings and says it’s full. I’m getting mad. Like I could have ten episodes of something stored on my regular DVR and only four of them show up on the stream app. I had a movie I was watching tonight in my living room, I wanted to go to bed and keep watching it there- and lo and behold it’s not on the recordings section of the stream app. Anyone else experience this?

your Cloud DVR (smart devices and Roku use it) holds only the last 60 hours recorded. As new recordings are added the older recordings fall off to make room. The home DVR has much more space on it and the older recordings will take longer to be removed as new recordings are added. the smart devices and Roku do not communicate with the physical home DVR. If you swap out a companion set top box for the Roku then the TV would have access to your home DVR's recordings.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.