Community Forum

Missing program listings in remote for ipad

Regular Visitor

Missing program listings in remote for ipad

The new app does not always load the current day's program listings.  They come up blank.  Oddly, if I scroll right, the next day's listings are there.  In order to get today's listings, I have to delete and reinstall the app.  Then they show up.  I find I have to do this daily.  I never had this problem with the old app.  Also, there seems to be no way to delete saved programs in DVD.  I have to use the physical remote to delete recordings in order to free up space.  Am I missing something in the app?  The only app option in a recorded program is "watch."  

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Missing program listings in remote for ipad


354119 wrote:

The new app does not always load the current day's program listings.  They come up blank.  Oddly, if I scroll right, the next day's listings are there.  In order to get today's listings, I have to delete and reinstall the app.  Then they show up.  I find I have to do this daily.  I never had this problem with the old app.  Also, there seems to be no way to delete saved programs in DVD.  I have to use the physical remote to delete recordings in order to free up space.  Am I missing something in the app?  The only app option in a recorded program is "watch."  


When looking at your recordings, touch one to bring up the info, touch Record Options, there you can Delete Recording.

Regular Visitor

Re: Missing program listings in remote for ipad

I did not find the "Record Options" you mention after clicking on a recorded program.  The only options are "Info" and "Upcoming."   However, while searching for it, I finally spotted on the main page a tiny "Edit" in blue against a black background.  Hard to see so I never noticed it before.  Clicking on edit produces a red circle next to each recorded program.  Clicking on a red "minus" circle deletes a program from the list.  So that's one problem solved even if it isn't the instruction you describe.  Now, about those missing daily listings.......?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Missing program listings in remote for ipad


354119 wrote:

I did not find the "Record Options" you mention after clicking on a recorded program.  The only options are "Info" and "Upcoming."   However, while searching for it, I finally spotted on the main page a tiny "Edit" in blue against a black background.  Hard to see so I never noticed it before.  Clicking on edit produces a red circle next to each recorded program.  Clicking on a red "minus" circle deletes a program from the list.  So that's one problem solved even if it isn't the instruction you describe.  Now, about those missing daily listings.......?


Which app are you referring to?

Regular Visitor

Re: Missing program listings in remote for ipad

Is there more than one remote app?  Sorry if I didn't make it clear that it is the xfinity remote app for iPad.  Recently updated version.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Missing program listings in remote for ipad


354119 wrote:

Is there more than one remote app?  Sorry if I didn't make it clear that it is the xfinity remote app for iPad.  Recently updated version.


There is xfinity tv remote app and xfinity remote app. I didn't notice ipad mentioned in title. I use android tv remote app and tv app and neither acts/looks like what you described.