Community Forum

Missing content on stream app

Highlighted
Contributor

Missing content on stream app

X1 dvr displays more content and less %used then what display up on stream- whether stream app or stream website Missing shows. Called support routed 4 different people who couldn’t help. Please help here!!!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Missing content on stream app

The app/website (access to cloud recordings) is not a mirror of your DVR. The cloud has access to the last 60 hours of recordings

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Really?? That is not clear in all the literature. So if I have an asset on my x1 dvr that is not showing on stream-how do I or get Comcast to “RESTORE” it to stream? How do I prevent a recording that I want CONSTANT access on stream from disappearing? For example I have some concerts that were recorded awhile ago on x1. I like to access that while I am at work to listen to. How do you LOCK that down? Plus I can think of many scenarios were temporarily the “last hours” say the 3 Sunday football games are recorded on dvr ( that could be 12 hours of temp space) but deleted later that SAME day or next, that could PUSH out the stream recordings that I want preserved!!!! I DONT WANT THE LAST 3 footballs games left in stream or once deleted -all this extra space in stream while at same time lost the wanted saved older Programs !!!!! Help
Highlighted
Contributor

Plus x1 shows you have PLENTY OF SPACE and in no DANGER of any assets being deleted. Plus the app does NOT SHOW that you are going to loose any assets nor warnings nor show an item count or % of space left. The web page shows % used and item count but I do not see any consumer friendly indicators at ALL on the app
Highlighted
Contributor

Hours left would be a better indicator than % of something and item count. Kinda like old linear counter on a vcr that was dumb till it changed to time based .
So how do I MANAGE what is available on stream app?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

There is no real management. I’m not sure what literature you’re referring to but it’s been this way for quite a few years
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

So if I marked a program “save for a year “ it won’t delete off stream ( and the Cloud DVR) till year is up —and it then auto deletes? Do I have that correct?

but if I choose on my dvr to mark save till space is needed—— I could theoretically keep it forever as long as I do not go over the cloud based dvr 150 hours ?
So you’re forcing customers to make a choice when recoding between watching something on their hardware DVR —which records to the cloud —-as well —and leave on cloud quasi forever or if want to watch something on the Stream app need to choose delete in year cause it might go away due to newer programs always replacing?
And the elephant in the room is you never had to make this choice in the past you could just record a program and it wasn’t going to delete you would just be prevented from recording future programs if you reach capacity kind of sneaky there is no way to file protect so it never delete. In life we have those options when you take pictures you store stuff on your computer you can protect it
So I still have the open question on why the app does not display or give a warning why is the app display or lack there of different then the website. Why is there no connection between cloud-based DVR and stream app to be more user-friendly so a customer is made aware of this and not zapped when they do not see the disconnect of hours on each service
Highlighted
Contributor

I’d also like an explanation on why comcast keeps closing my trouble tickets after a day of being open and the reasoning is always the Robo dial call that calls your house Even though I provided a direct line of my cell
Highlighted
Contributor

I have ticket number ending in 883 ticket number ending in 843 ticket number ending in 995 each time there automatically close to help the farm call center cannot resolve the problem I finally get the technical specs and it’s because you auto Robo dial me during the day to my house like I’ve even pick that up through the simultaneous ring feature and it doesn’t connect me to an agent it just puts me in the generic kill your system is flawed inquiring about a problem tickets get opened an auto closed open an auto closed open and auto closed completely disgusted
Highlighted
Contributor

I am also tired of arguing with advanced technical support which is supposed to be several layers deep in your technical support area insisting that things are recorded to a hard drive I don’t have a legacy DVR I don’t have a first generation X one that had our drive as you stated things have been happening for years upon years but yet advance support still argues with you that my problem is it’s recording to the hard drive
Highlighted
Contributor

The other frustration it is 9:45 PM or Thursday the farm call center is insisting on following their playbook they will not deviate they keep tell me I need a per service technician to the house to solve your server issue even though three tickets were opened describe thoroughly and close in Erb by Comcast your foreign call center is still insisting that they have to follow their steps and they want to reboot my router for the 20th time Sync my DVR for the 20th time before they even allow an open ticket to be created if you need to investigate this immediately Autre nonsense to have to deal with Philippines and are we only can read the cute card and we can’t think on our own
Highlighted
Contributor

Sorry Apple text to speech is not 100% accurate
Highlighted
Contributor

So I changed a saved x1 Cloud DVR program that is not on stream. to“save for a year “ vs save till space is needed. I synced dvr. Did not show up on stream. So we have option to select at recording time and after program is done recording but had no effect on restoring missing asset to stream so can watch remotely. So what is point of having that toggle option? This is where I need help from tech support.

Other open question-where are the usage and item count and time left indicators on stream app?
How come there is no warning or recover from delete folder?

Open question-why did Comcast AUTO CLOSE my ticket THREE TIMES., the very next day & use robo dialer to calll home phone after each ticket has instructions to call cell? And even after I picked up the home line /would not connect to tech support and went in general “que” and had to stray all over in being transferred multiple times?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Once a recording gets dropped off after the 60 hours, it’s not ever coming back. You can’t force an old recording back on the cloud

Highlighted
Contributor

So on app-there is no indicators of usage, time left, warning of delete, or recovery? Is that correct? Why? How can we change to be more user friendly?
Highlighted
Contributor

Help me understand ...,So my dvr recordings Are in Cloud 1 storage server and my stream is in cloud 2 storage server?
If I set a recording on dvr cloud 1 server and set delete in year it will preserve on stream for a year and then delete on both stream and dvr?
And Comcast took away the store forever option?
Highlighted
Contributor

Also related: is the record remotely feature that was removed ( supposedly due to Comcast not paying the rolaty fee to TiVo ). Permanate or is there any discussion of it coming back?
Highlighted
Expert

recordings are made in both places (home and cloud DVR) at the same time. The recordings do not depend on the home DVR other than to be set.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks.... still never heard from ***Andrew or another Comcast EE ***
as to why the app shows no indicators? IE. hours used, hours left , % left, impending deletion warnings? SOMETHING