Community Forum

Missing cloud dvr recordings

New Poster

Missing cloud dvr recordings

My in home DVR recorded a show that does not appear in the cloud dvr recordings on the app (which I access using my home network). The recording was scheduled to record and actually did record the program but I can’t acces it using the app.

It is not an issue of space since the dvr box shows less than 30% of recording space used, and the cloud dvr shows about 55%.

It also recorded two shows before the missing program and one show after it. Those three recordings ARE available to stream from the app. 

I have also recorded similar shows (an NBA game, actually) on the same channel (which is a local station) many times before so there is no subscription/blackout issue.

I don’t understand why it would record this game on the dvr as scheduled but refuse to record it to the cloud DVR as well - and still record the shows before and after it.

I more than a little annoyed since this was a live sporting event I wanted to watch the same day and can’t possibly see as a rebroadcast or on demand.

I’d really like to avoid this problem in the future.

New Poster

Re: Some shows on DVR are not showing up on my iPad recordings

Did they fix the prob I’m having the same issue.
New Poster

Can someone from Xfinity fix this prob for me? I’m very frustrated. It was working perfectly. Now it’s not. I set a dvr recording and it appears on my home dvr but then on my xfinity app it doesn’t appear anywhere. Help!
New Poster

Xfinity Streaming App DVR Menu Missing

Why is the DVR menu missing from The Streaming App?  As of May 1, 2018, I can no longer watch my saved programs on my iPad or iPhone while connected to my home network, or away from home.  I can only watch my DVR recordings on my home tv. Also, the program recording feature disappeared from the app a long time ago, so I can no longer set my DVR while traveling.

I have called tech support, as well as visited my local xfinity store.  I have uninstalled the app multiple times, and have been unsuccessful every time. 

I am extremely upset that xfinity has removed these DVR menu items from this app after advertising them. This is just plain rotten!!  I think it is now time to stop giving xfinity my money and move to another company if this is how they are going to treat their loyal customers. 

New Poster

Recorded shows

It shows that my cloud DVR is 100% full, but I have just one recorded show showing up. I had many more a few minutes ago, and now they are all gone. Any idea what might have happened?
New Poster

Re: Recorded shows

Same problem here
New Poster

Re: Recorded shows

Same issue here, some shows were automatically deleted, I deleted some others on my own to see if it would budge from100% full, nope.  It's saying 100% full when I know it's not, at home the box says 19% full. 

Highlighted
New Poster

DVR recorded shows do not show on streaming, and also 100% full 1 recording?

When I tried to look at recorded shows recorded last night while on the road to view on my computer I get 0 shows recorded and 100% full.

I still show scheduled recording for tomorrow and next wee, but NONE before today.

PLEASE correct or will be looking for another service when on the raod.

New Poster

Re: DVR recorded shows do not show on streaming, and also 100% full 1 recording?

Me too, they are gone today. I still have them on my DVR, just the cloud is all gone

Expert

@Sweetroxi wrote:
Can someone from Xfinity fix this prob for me? I’m very frustrated. It was working perfectly. Now it’s not. I set a dvr recording and it appears on my home dvr but then on my xfinity app it doesn’t appear anywhere. Help!

did you try a different device and/or a desk/laptop using chrome browser to https://tv.xfinity.com/  This will help diagnose the problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Saved recoding gone

The saved recordings have disappeared from the xfinity stream app on all my devices, can they be recovered and if so how to do it.  (They are still on my DVR.)

New Poster

DVR recordings no longer appear on Xfinity Stream

As of yesterday, none of my saved DVR shows appear on the Xfinity Stream TV app or browser.

At the Saved > Recordings screen, it says I have 0 recordings with the message "You have no completed recordings... yet." (I added a screenshot for an example).

Upcoming shows still appear at the scheduled screen, but after the show has completed recording, the newly recorded show does not appear at the Recordings screen. It seems as it is unable to show any past or current saved DVR shows.

I checked on my mobile phone, tablet, and Xfinity Stream TV on the web browser, and the same problem occurs on all platforms.

However, this is not an issue for my X1 box, as I can watch any and all of my recorded shows on TV. But I no longer have the ability to watch my recorded DVR shows on the go, or in any other room.

Can you please help me with this problem?
Screenshot_20180506-083252.png
Screenshot_20180506-083252.png
New Poster

Re: DVR recordings no longer appear on Xfinity Stream

Mine are gone as well! What happened?

New Poster

I have had the same problem for last 24 hours.  On phone with Customer Service for half hour yesterday before they realized it was a known outage.  They were unable to give me an estimated  return to service time.

New Poster

Glad to see I'm not the only one getting this problem.
Hopefully they fix this problem soon.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Saved recoding gone

Mine did the same yesterday. After going back and forth with customer service I was told there was a known issue and basically all my past dvr recordings would no longer be seen on the stream app. All my recordings are still on the tv dvrs but still disappointed I can’t watch them on my devices. The app started showing new recordings just last night. I remember this happened about 5 years ago.
Contributor

can i get timeline.

i might be impatient but i would like to know when comcast will fix the dvr issues on mobile and laptop. i cant watch any of my recordings on my laptop or phone, or tablet. just says i have no recordings. This is extremely anoying to me i thought it would b fixed in 24 hours but no.  I also wonder how many people this effects and if it just my neighborhood? it aperently does not effect oregon comcast users as my parents still works. thank u

Frequent Visitor

Can I watch my DVR recordings on my computer or smartphone?

Can I watch  my DVR recordings on my computer and/or smartphone?  Right now, none of my saved recordings can be watched online on my computer, but they are there on my TV.  I don't know if this is some kind of outage or network issue or if this feature is no longer availabe.  I used to have this feature on my account. I would like to be able to watch my recordings online, as well as manage the recordings, which is easier to do online because I have a full QWERTY keyboard.  I would also like to have this feature available, so I can watched saved shows and movies on both my computer and smartphone

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Xfinity Streaming App DVR Menu Missing

@Jdbarnes43 wrote:

Why is the DVR menu missing from The Streaming App?  As of May 1, 2018, I can no longer watch my saved programs on my iPad or iPhone while connected to my home network, or away from home.  I can only watch my DVR recordings on my home tv. Also, the program recording feature disappeared from the app a long time ago, so I can no longer set my DVR while traveling.

I have called tech support, as well as visited my local xfinity store.  I have uninstalled the app multiple times, and have been unsuccessful every time. 

I am extremely upset that xfinity has removed these DVR menu items from this app after advertising them. This is just plain rotten!!  I think it is now time to stop giving xfinity my money and move to another company if this is how they are going to treat their loyal customers. 

if you don't have two residences (and the account login is crossed between the two), then first try another device with same login (smart device or on the streamsite using a desk/laptop. Does it work on the other device?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

Re: DVR recorded shows do not show on streaming, and also 100% full 1 recording?

try logging out of the app (do not just delete it) and then log back in. fixed?

New Poster

Re: DVR shows not Showing on app

It's May, 2018 and still having this issue. When will this ever get resolved?
Expert

Re: Saved recoding gone

@Kippywolf wrote:

The saved recordings have disappeared from the xfinity stream app on all my devices, can they be recovered and if so how to do it.  (They are still on my DVR.)

first try pressing the A button on a home set top box and run the System Refresh.

Frequent Visitor

I had same issue as of last night. Only new recordings started showing up. After back and forth customer service said it was a known issue and I was told I would no longer be able to watch my 50 or so past movie or show recordings. They are all still on my tv dvr but will no longer be able to watch them on my iPhone or iPad apps. Pretty disappointed to say the least.
Frequent Visitor

Saved X1 recordings not showing on computer

My saved X1 DVR recordings are not showing on my computer on the Xfinity site at https://tv.xfinity.com/foryou

It does show the scheduled recordings but not the saved recordings.  The saved recordings do show up on my TV, but not on my computer. Since I had the X1 upgrade set up last Summer, I have always been able to view and play the recordings on my computer before today.  I have not restarted my modem or my X1 cable box or my computer, but Iogged out of Xfinity and closed Google chrome, which is prefered browser.  I opened a new browser window and logged into Xfinity, but it still doesn't show my saved DVR recordings.

Tags (2)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Saved X1 recordings not showing on computer

What does this link show?

https://tv.xfinity.com/recordings

New Poster

Re: Saved X1 recordings not showing on computer

@RobertWy wrote:

What does this link show?

https://tv.xfinity.com/recordings

It shows two shows that were recorded in December.  Unlike some others here, new recordings are not showing up either.

Official Employee

Sweetroxi, please try to see if you can duplicate this on another device like rustyben suggested. Let us know what you get. 

Frequent Visitor

I chatted with an agent yesterday about a) programs being missing from the cloud, and b) partial (only last half or so) recordings in the cloud.  They said these were issues that were being addressed.  Since last night, two recordings have been properly recorded, in their entirety, in the cloud.

New Poster

Re: Missing cloud dvr recordings

I have the exact same problem. I can access recordings fine from our multiple dvr’s. We can’t see any recordings from any of the mobile apps or web.
Regular Contributor

For me the web site has said "0% full, 0 Recordings, You have no completed recordings yet." for a very long time. It's been at least a full year since it showed my cloud recordings.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Streaming App DVR Menu Missing

Hi, Jdbarnes43 - Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling The DVR recording feature while we pursue an appeal. That functionality has been removed from our apps. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand. However, you should still view and download your recordings in the app. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number, and a username you use to sign in. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

Hi LdvBarrett, that sounds like a known issue that is being investigated by our engineers. I'd like to review your account to confirm this so I know whether or not you need additional troubleshooting or not. Can you please verify your first and last name, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @Bh25

Sorry for the delayed reply. Can you please confirm whether or not you are still having this issue? 

New Poster

I have a similar issue. Suddenly this evening I am unable to access one title that has definitly been recorded on my DVR. I can watch it from both tv's in my home but not from the app. In fact the title doesn't even show up in my app. This is super annoying. I like to watch this show while washing dishes. What's the deal?
Frequent Visitor

This just started happening to me.

Some new recording show up in my Cloud DVR/Streaming app, but others do not. All recordings are available in-home though.

Have tried logging out and logging in app, removing and reinstalling app, and viewing via xfinity.com on my computer.

Expert

@Mrnickcooper1 wrote:
I have a similar issue. Suddenly this evening I am unable to access one title that has definitly been recorded on my DVR. I can watch it from both tv's in my home but not from the app. In fact the title doesn't even show up in my app. This is super annoying. I like to watch this show while washing dishes. What's the deal?

hi, when was the program recorded? (check date using info button for the program on your home set top box)

Frequent Visitor

This happened to me for 2 shows last night (Thursday, Oct. 18).

You can see in the attached screenshots that on 10/18 two shows recorded on my home DVR (Watch what happens live and Daily Show) but do not show up on my Cloud DVR when I look in the streaming app. How to get away with murder, which also recorded 10/18, shows in both places.

1.jpg
2.png