Community Forum

Missing channels on xfinity stream app

New Poster

Missing channels on xfinity stream app

I'm missing lots of channels when viewing on the xfinity stream app. It's the same wether I log in through my cell, tablet, pc, and roku device. I've called in for tech support but they have not been able to resolve the issue. I've also had a technician sent but he wasn't ablel to assist either. I get no error messages. Channel line up starts at 21. I've tried signing out and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, had signals reset, background refresh, etc. I'm signed in to my home network wifi. I have no filters on the channel line up and I'm not viewing through the tv on the go tab. Missing channels are my local FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, Univision, Telemundo, Weather Channel, ESPN, TNT and more. Seeking help on here as a hail mary for a fix.

Expert

Re: Missing channels on xfinity stream app

@sanoske1 wrote:

I'm missing lots of channels when viewing on the xfinity stream app. It's the same wether I log in through my cell, tablet, pc, and roku device. I've called in for tech support but they have not been able to resolve the issue. I've also had a technician sent but he wasn't ablel to assist either. I get no error messages. Channel line up starts at 21. I've tried signing out and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, had signals reset, background refresh, etc. I'm signed in to my home network wifi. I have no filters on the channel line up and I'm not viewing through the tv on the go tab. Missing channels are my local FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, Univision, Telemundo, Weather Channel, ESPN, TNT and more. Seeking help on here as a hail mary for a fix.

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent (or supervisor if agent can't do it) to run the deep background account database refresh (can take up to an hour to complete). working now?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Called in just now and the refresh had no effect. I was given new info that they are aware of the problem happening to other customers as well but have not been able to resolve this issue. Seems my only course is to wait for their team to find a fix.

New Poster

This exact same thing is happening at my house. Did you ever get it resolved?
New Poster

Any updates on this?  I'm in the same boat - been on phone with comcast for roughly 8 hours trying just about everything, but nothing we do can make major networks show up (abc, cbs, nbc, etc) in stream app - but they work just fine on comcast box - logged in to home network - tried app on Roku, iPhone, and internet browser - all the same thing - hundreds of channels and the app works as intended otherwise, just missing the 'majors' which is mainly what we watch.

Expert

@diestler1976 wrote:

Any updates on this?  I'm in the same boat - been on phone with comcast for roughly 8 hours trying just about everything, but nothing we do can make major networks show up (abc, cbs, nbc, etc) in stream app - but they work just fine on comcast box - logged in to home network - tried app on Roku, iPhone, and internet browser - all the same thing - hundreds of channels and the app works as intended otherwise, just missing the 'majors' which is mainly what we watch.

call 800-Comcast select TV. ask the agent to refresh your account entitlements. fixed?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

We’re having the same issue.  Several channels we used to watch on the app are just not available anymore on the app.  Very frustrating.

Expert

@AvaT wrote:

We’re having the same issue.  Several channels we used to watch on the app are just not available anymore on the app.  Very frustrating.

call 800-Comcast select TV. ask the agent to refresh your account entitlements. fixed?

Frequent Visitor

This issue started for me last week. After going to tier 2 support the agent noticed something on my account and had to to do a refresh on the account itself. Was nothing to do with roku device or my modem. As soon as that was done I backed out of the xfinity stream app and went back in and all of the network channels appeared in my guide!
New Poster

I find this thread interesting because I have been working with Comcast on a similar problem. I have one missing channel on all stream apps (TBS) which appears fine on my DVR box. Comcast Web site confirms that TBS should be streamable in home and remotely. I have opened multiple trouble tickets on this issue but the Tech folks keep closing the tickets when they see that that channel is “red” on my channel list. I think they get credit for closing tickets even if the problem isn’t fixed. Finally talked to someone in accounting that confirmed that I’m subscribed to TBS but the “red” blocks it from streaming. Other “red” channels include the local hotel insertion and on demand which makes sense that they are blocked from streaming. Checked out the condition with neighbors and they have the same issue in streaming apps as well. The person in accounting determined it is an unique problem with my local Comcast region because other regions don’t have the “red” TBS issue.  Despite all of this, the problem remains and no one at Comcast seems to know how to fix it.  Very frustrating  

Frequent Visitor

The only way I finally got resolution id they have a way to email the senior VP of support. Search “ Send Tom K feedback”. I had a rep contact me within 2 days of the email. They followed up with me regularly until it was finally working which was much appreciated after 9x working with standard support and no resolution. They were unable to tell me what the problem was that they found, but it has been resolved for over 2 months after going this route. I worked with a rep named Nancy.
Expert

@Phwalker wrote:

I find this thread interesting because I have been working with Comcast on a similar problem. I have one missing channel on all stream apps (TBS) which appears fine on my DVR box. Comcast Web site confirms that TBS should be streamable in home and remotely. I have opened multiple trouble tickets on this issue but the Tech folks keep closing the tickets when they see that that channel is “red” on my channel list. I think they get credit for closing tickets even if the problem isn’t fixed. Finally talked to someone in accounting that confirmed that I’m subscribed to TBS but the “red” blocks it from streaming. Other “red” channels include the local hotel insertion and on demand which makes sense that they are blocked from streaming. Checked out the condition with neighbors and they have the same issue in streaming apps as well. The person in accounting determined it is an unique problem with my local Comcast region because other regions don’t have the “red” TBS issue.  Despite all of this, the problem remains and no one at Comcast seems to know how to fix it.  Very frustrating  

it is a problem in one of the back office databases. call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep account background refresh (takes up to an hour to complete). if the agent tries to open a ticket instead of just doing the refresh, ask for a supervisor.

New Poster

What’s the email?
Expert

@Boca2 wrote:
What’s the email?

email to?

New Poster

Someone other than support. I have dealt with this issue for a week now and I’ve been on the phone with them for hours. There doesn’t seem to be a solution. They also said this is a “unique situation” when clearly it’s not.
Frequent Visitor

Please refer to my post in 12/30/18 on how to escalate to the highest levels. It is likely the only way you will get resolution.
Expert

@Boca2 wrote:
Someone other than support. I have dealt with this issue for a week now and I’ve been on the phone with them for hours. There doesn’t seem to be a solution. They also said this is a “unique situation” when clearly it’s not.

if a channel is shown in your my account app, TV tab, view your channel lineup but is missing from streaming website or missing from stream app, call 800-Comcast, select TV technical support. ask the first agent to transfer you to the app support team. tell the app support agent what channel(s) you are missing and they will do whatever is necessary to fix your access to the channel(s) (entitlements).

Official Employee

Hi @Boca2

Are you still having issues with the missing channels on the Stream app? If so, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name. I'd be more than happy to look further into this. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Same problem just started happening to us as well. Is "ComcastChe" still around? There is no "send message" to click on his profile.
Regular Visitor

Ah... "send message" not available on mobile page, but is available on computer browsers.
Official Employee

ljmcmullan, thanks for reaching out about your concerns with missing channels on the app. Glad you were able to private message us! I do see the message so I'll check in with you there! 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I'm having the SAME exact issues.  Everything was fine on our tv's that stream Xfinity through Roku this morning.  Come home from work and Some are working, some are missing channels.  Reset router/modem, uninstalled and reinstalled Roku.  Now I'm not getting a couple of channels I always got- basic ones like 5 / Fox.  I'm so sick of this all the time it's one issue after another.

Official Employee

neitowl, thanks for letting us know about those missing channels on the Roku beta app. What troubleshooting have you done so far? Have you tried to uninstall the app and reinstall? I just pulled the app up on my phone (away from home) and can watch all my local channels live. 

Ken

Contributor

neitowl, thanks for letting us know about those missing channels on the Roku beta app. What troubleshooting have you done so far? Have you tried to uninstall the app and reinstall? I just pulled the app up on my phone (away from home) and can watch all my local channels live. 

Ken

First I unplugged my modem/router and restarted it.  Didn't do anything.  I reset the modem/router, also nothing. Next I reset the rokus on 3 tv's.  Didn't do anything. I uninstalled the Xfinity beta app on the tv's and reinstalled it.  Still nothing.  Everything was working fine yesterday morning before we all went to work.  Come home after work, this happened.  This morning (7/16/19) and this afternoon around 2:30, still the same.  Now at 5:10pm I checked my tv and after about a 5 minute hang up channel 5 (Fox) was back on w/the other channels.  There is definitely a glitch somewhere.  I'm thinking it's the Xfinity Beta App. Something had to have been updated or changed yesterday early.  This happened on any tv we have whether it be an exterior Roku or one that is in the tv.

Official Employee

neitowl, I see--thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Are you using the same login for each Roku? If the problem returns please let me know. You can send me a private message then so I can check your user ID channel entitlements. 

Contributor

It didn't resolve itself, that's what bothers me.  I'd like to know what caused that.  Yes, it's the same login for all Roku's on our tv's.   I mentioned to a tech on messenger that there was also an error code whenever we tried to get channel 5 (Fox)- "error.tvapp.00206"  Any idea why that kept popping up?  This was trying both HD & SD versions of that channel.

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue others have described on this thread. None of my streaming options (iphone app, browser, roku, etc) show all of the channels I am entitled to. Calling support on several occasions has not fixed the issue. Has anyone been able to get this resolved?

New Poster

Just signed up and have this problem....any resolution 

@sanoske1 wrote:

@sanoske1 wrote:

Expert

@Bhop77 wrote:

Just signed up and have this problem....any resolution 

@sanoske1 wrote:

do you have active set top boxes in your home that work on those channels? are the devices you are using and having problems connected to your own home wifi? are you able to see/watch other numbered channels in your subscription?

New Poster

I am also faced with this issue

@ComcastChe wrote:

Hi @Boca2

Are you still having issues with the missing channels on the Stream app? If so, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name. I'd be more than happy to look further into this. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

New Poster

I'm experiencing the same issue and have been for weeks. We don't use a Comcast box, we only use streaming. We have one Roku and also access through the Xfinity Website and Android Xfinity Stream App. All started having the same issue several weeks ago--local channels all disappeared.

I've spent 5+ hours with Comcast over this issue and have gotten a lot of mixed messages and no resolution.

Last week, one of the tier two agents admitted the local channel disappearance was a known issue that started up on July 30, but should be resolved soon (that was last week). They promised not to close out my ticket until the issue was resolved. Turns out they closed out my ticket without resolving the issue and without notifying me.

So I'm back today trying to resolve it again. I'm 76 minutes into my current round of Comcast customer support. I got escalated back up to Tier Two after an hour of troubleshooting attempts by a very well-intentioned level one agent (Mark)--he tried every tool at his disposal but was unsuccessful. The Tier Two agent (Hazel) just finished explaining to me that Comcast engineers resolved my issue on Sept. 19.

Telling a customer who's calling in with a problem that the issue was solved three days ago is not helpful; clearly the problem still exists.

Anyone found a solution to this issue? I'll update if they manage to solve my problem to hopefully help out others.