Community Forum

Missing channels on xfinity stream app

New Poster

Missing channels on xfinity stream app

I'm missing lots of channels when viewing on the xfinity stream app. It's the same wether I log in through my cell, tablet, pc, and roku device. I've called in for tech support but they have not been able to resolve the issue. I've also had a technician sent but he wasn't ablel to assist either. I get no error messages. Channel line up starts at 21. I've tried signing out and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, had signals reset, background refresh, etc. I'm signed in to my home network wifi. I have no filters on the channel line up and I'm not viewing through the tv on the go tab. Missing channels are my local FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, Univision, Telemundo, Weather Channel, ESPN, TNT and more. Seeking help on here as a hail mary for a fix.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Missing channels on xfinity stream app

@sanoske1 wrote:

I'm missing lots of channels when viewing on the xfinity stream app. It's the same wether I log in through my cell, tablet, pc, and roku device. I've called in for tech support but they have not been able to resolve the issue. I've also had a technician sent but he wasn't ablel to assist either. I get no error messages. Channel line up starts at 21. I've tried signing out and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, had signals reset, background refresh, etc. I'm signed in to my home network wifi. I have no filters on the channel line up and I'm not viewing through the tv on the go tab. Missing channels are my local FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, Univision, Telemundo, Weather Channel, ESPN, TNT and more. Seeking help on here as a hail mary for a fix.

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent (or supervisor if agent can't do it) to run the deep background account database refresh (can take up to an hour to complete). working now?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Called in just now and the refresh had no effect. I was given new info that they are aware of the problem happening to other customers as well but have not been able to resolve this issue. Seems my only course is to wait for their team to find a fix.

New Poster

This exact same thing is happening at my house. Did you ever get it resolved?
New Poster

Any updates on this?  I'm in the same boat - been on phone with comcast for roughly 8 hours trying just about everything, but nothing we do can make major networks show up (abc, cbs, nbc, etc) in stream app - but they work just fine on comcast box - logged in to home network - tried app on Roku, iPhone, and internet browser - all the same thing - hundreds of channels and the app works as intended otherwise, just missing the 'majors' which is mainly what we watch.

Expert

@diestler1976 wrote:

Any updates on this?  I'm in the same boat - been on phone with comcast for roughly 8 hours trying just about everything, but nothing we do can make major networks show up (abc, cbs, nbc, etc) in stream app - but they work just fine on comcast box - logged in to home network - tried app on Roku, iPhone, and internet browser - all the same thing - hundreds of channels and the app works as intended otherwise, just missing the 'majors' which is mainly what we watch.

call 800-Comcast select TV. ask the agent to refresh your account entitlements. fixed?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

We’re having the same issue.  Several channels we used to watch on the app are just not available anymore on the app.  Very frustrating.

Expert

@AvaT wrote:

We’re having the same issue.  Several channels we used to watch on the app are just not available anymore on the app.  Very frustrating.

call 800-Comcast select TV. ask the agent to refresh your account entitlements. fixed?

New Poster

This issue started for me last week. After going to tier 2 support the agent noticed something on my account and had to to do a refresh on the account itself. Was nothing to do with roku device or my modem. As soon as that was done I backed out of the xfinity stream app and went back in and all of the network channels appeared in my guide!