Community Forum

Missing channels and recordings on Xfinity TV app and website

Frequent Visitor

Missing channels and recordings on Xfinity TV app and website

As of Monday 10/17 I can no longer access some local HD channels on the Xfinity TV app or at tv.xfinity.com/listings at my home in the Twin Cities Northern Suburbs.  Channel 807 (WFTC - myTV), 809 (KMSP - Fox) and 811 (KARE - NBC) have disappeared.  The low def versions of each channel do appear (channels 9 Fox, 10 myTV and 11 NBC).

Recordings made 10/17 on 809 and 811 show up on my home DVR, but not on the Cloud DVR.  Recordings made 10/17 on channel 804 (WCCO - CBS) show up on both home DVR and Cloud DVR.

Any help is appreciated.

Expert

Re: Missing channels and recordings on Xfinity TV app and website

vud999 wrote:

As of Monday 10/17 I can no longer access some local HD channels on the Xfinity TV app or at tv.xfinity.com/listings at my home in the Twin Cities Northern Suburbs.  Channel 807 (WFTC - myTV), 809 (KMSP - Fox) and 811 (KARE - NBC) have disappeared.  The low def versions of each channel do appear (channels 9 Fox, 10 myTV and 11 NBC).

Recordings made 10/17 on 809 and 811 show up on my home DVR, but not on the Cloud DVR.  Recordings made 10/17 on channel 804 (WCCO - CBS) show up on both home DVR and Cloud DVR.

Any help is appreciated.

the cloud DVR (x1 app, tv.xfinity.com web site) will only show recordings available in the cloud DVR. The xFinity TV remote app will show all recordings on the home DVR(s) AND the cloud DVR (only for those recordings made mid-June 2016 or later). So the home DVR will play cloud 'assets' but the cloud DVR can't play 'assets' that are not on the cloud DVR.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response Rustyben,

I understand all that.  I have sucessfully used cloud recordings since it was finally added to the Twin Cities a few weeks ago.

My problem is that the NBC and Fox HD channels no longer show up on the Xfinity TV app and the new Xfinity website.  I can no longer stream those channels in the home, and recordings to those channels on my DVR are no longer recorded to the cloud.

All my HD channels work on my TV and record to my home DVR.   All DVR Recordings and all TV listings show up on the Xfinity Remote app.  

Any suggestions on how to get Xfinity TV website and app to once again show, stream and record to the cloud my HD NBC and Fox channels?  I'm not sure what avenue to contact Comcast on this.

Expert

vud999 wrote:

Thanks for your response Rustyben,

I understand all that.  I have sucessfully used cloud recordings since it was finally added to the Twin Cities a few weeks ago.

My problem is that the NBC and Fox HD channels no longer show up on the Xfinity TV app and the new Xfinity website.  I can no longer stream those channels in the home, and recordings to those channels on my DVR are no longer recorded to the cloud.

All my HD channels work on my TV and record to my home DVR.   All DVR Recordings and all TV listings show up on the Xfinity Remote app.  

Any suggestions on how to get Xfinity TV website and app to once again show, stream and record to the cloud my HD NBC and Fox channels?  I'm not sure what avenue to contact Comcast on this.

first test fix would be to log out of the app and back in. if that doesn't fix it, run the xfinity my account app. select the TV tab/menu. at the top will be a link to touch to see all the channels that you subscribe to (per your account records). are those two channels listed there?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Any relationship between the channels you see in the remote app and what is actually on your TV is purely coincidental. 

Expert

LRAraiza wrote:

Any relationship between the channels you see in the remote app and what is actually on your TV is purely coincidental. 

what are you talking about?

Frequent Visitor

After a half hour with tech support, a dropped call and another half hour with tech support I was told that there is a known issue nationally with channels missing on the Xfinity TV app and website.  No known timeline on when it will be resolved.

Hopefully I can soon once again stream my local FOX and NBC stations while at home and record shows on those networks to the cloud.

Bronze Problem Solver

vud999 wrote:

After a half hour with tech support, a dropped call and another half hour with tech support I was told that there is a known issue nationally with channels missing on the Xfinity TV app and website.  No known timeline on when it will be resolved.

Hopefully I can soon once again stream my local FOX and NBC stations while at home and record shows on those networks to the cloud.

Not sure if tech support you talked to knows what they are talking about, I can stream NBC and FOX while at home in MA, it's definitely not a national problem.

Official Employee

m.venanzi wrote:

vud999 wrote:

Not sure if tech support you talked to knows what they are talking about, I can stream NBC and FOX while at home in MA, it's definitely not a national problem.

Sorry they aren't working, I've alerted the video teams. NBC and FOX are local broadcast streams which differ in each market. This is likely specific to your area. If they were TV Go streams, those would be impacted nationally.

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

vud999 wrote:

Sorry they aren't working, I've alerted the video teams. NBC and FOX are local broadcast streams which differ in each market. This is likely specific to your area. If they were TV Go streams, those would be impacted nationally.

How do we know what channels are suppose to be available to us on TV Go? I see a few fox channels, but just sports, news, and business channels

Official Employee

m.venanzi wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

vud999 wrote:

How do we know what channels are suppose to be available to us on TV Go? I see a few fox channels, but just sports, news, and business channels

FOX local broadcast is not available as a TV Go channel, only in-home. I believe this is a list of the FOX-owned cable networks carried as TV Go for out of home viewing. Let me know if I've missed any. 

IMG_0914.PNG

Frequent Visitor

Tried tech support again on 10/23.  As of today still no listing on xfinity TV website or app for Twin Cities northern suburbs HD channels 807 myTV, 809 KMSP FOX or 811 KARE NBC.  The channels work and record on TV and DVR.  But as they are not on the xfinity TV app 'All Listing' grid I can not stream those channels in home or record those channels to the cloud.  All other channels I subscribe to do stream in home and record to the cloud.

Is anyone else missing local channels on xfinity TV website or app?  Any update on this problem would be helpful.

Frequent Visitor

I'm in St Paul and have the same issue, using the Xfinity TV app on my iPad.  Missing 809 & 811 and really want them back! I've been trying for three hours this morning to "Chat" with Support, but my Connecting to Chat just sits and spins.  Everybody in Chat must have the day off!!!

I have removed and reinstalled the App three times, still not there.   Rebooted the iPad, still not there.  Been patient and waiting a few days, still not there. Comcast - this needs a fix.  You can't brag about an app that provides lie TV, but not all live TV.  Especially local channels.

Official Employee

merrherr wrote:

I'm in St Paul and have the same issue, using the Xfinity TV app on my iPad.  Missing 809 & 811 and really want them back! I've been trying for three hours this morning to "Chat" with Support, but my Connecting to Chat just sits and spins.  Everybody in Chat must have the day off!!!

I have removed and reinstalled the App three times, still not there.   Rebooted the iPad, still not there.  Been patient and waiting a few days, still not there. Comcast - this needs a fix.  You can't brag about an app that provides lie TV, but not all live TV.  Especially local channels.

I've alerted the technical team and will let you know once I hear back from them. Sorry you're having difficulty with those channels.

Regular Visitor

I'm in Burnsville and have the same issue. Worked with support last night and was told that they would solve this in 24 hours. I'm pretty sure this worked last week since I watched the first World Series game on 809. 

This occurs on IOS and Android and on the live TV PC version.

Frequent Visitor

Loubob - In St. Anthony MN I've been without 807, 809 and 811 since 10/17 on Xfinity TV website and Xfinity TV app on iphone and ipad.  I've spoken to tech support on 3 different days.  I hope it is resolved today, but wouldn't count on it.

Since the World Series is on Fox you can stream it using the Fox Sports Go app, even out of your home.  Unfortunately, Fox and Comcast have not come to an agreement on regional Fox Sports channels.  So you cannot stream Twins, Wild or Timberwolves games from Fox Sports North on the Fox Sports Go app (other cable and sattelite providers do provide that access).

Regular Visitor

Thanks vud. Might need an interperter or a wizard to keep all this stuff straight.

Expert

adding...

if you have access to a smart device, use the xFinity My Account App to see all channels 'officially' listed as your subscribed channels. Select the TV tab/menu item and there is a link near the top "View Channel Lineup".

extra (skip if you don't like too much information)... in some areas (like mine) comcast has created a separate 'extra' numbered channel area that has a different numbering scheme (mine are 4 digit starting with 1) and are 'virtual' channels. In my area, only HD channels are listed in this 4 digit area. These virtual channels appear in the listings, can be watched, recorded, etc. The listings in the My Account app referenced above do not 'show' those virtual channels. 

Regular Visitor

just got a recorded message from Comcast stating that the Xfinity TV GO app is no longer supported and that I should install Xfinity TV. What a bunch of mifits. It's been stated perfectly and completely what the problem is here, and they keep dancing around it. CR645687463 is my incident. I'll get back in the loop.

Regular Visitor

No progress from comcast. Claim they are working it. 

Not feeling very positive about this.

Frequent Visitor

I've had four recorded messages from Comcast this week.  On Tuesday it said to call if my original issue had not been solved.  On Friday it said the issue would be resolved in their next update. (Not sure if that meant their next phone message to me or the next time the xfinity tv app and website are updated).  Today I twice got the message that the TV Go app is no longer supported.  (We know and that is not the problem!). It would be nice if they called to say the issue is resolved.

My incident # is CR643174336.  Now on day number 12 without local channels channels 807 myTV, 809 FOX or 811 NBC available to stream in home or record to the cloud on the xfinty TV website or ios app in the Twin Cities.

Frequent Visitor

On 11/1 Comcast left 3 more recorded messages telling me that the TV Go app had been discontinued (which is not the problem).  I thought I'd make a quick call to support again this morning before leaving for work to verify that my incident report was still open.  Tech told me the issue has been resolved (even though the problem continues).  After a half hour of them looking at the issue I had to hang up and go to work.

Now on day number 16 without local channels channels 807 (myTV), 809 (FOX) or 811 (NBC) available to stream in home or record to the cloud on the xfinty TV website or ios app in the Twin Cities.  I was able to stream those channels and record them to the cloud prior to 10/17/16.  I guess I'll have to block off an hour or more when I'm at home to try my 5th attempt with tech to resolve this issue.

Frequent Visitor

I'm missing those same channels in Hudson, WI.  I've called and get the same response from the Comcast Rep. The new app for my iphone which I downloaded from itunes is missing these same channels.

Expert

packandbadger wrote:

I'm missing those same channels in Hudson, WI.  I've called and get the same response from the Comcast Rep. The new app for my iphone which I downloaded from itunes is missing these same channels.

If you have the xFinity My Account app, please open it and select the TV tab. at the top of the TV page is a link to touch for all channels in your subscription package. is the channel listed there? if not, is the channel listed in the lower numbered SD channels?

Frequent Visitor

The standard def local channels 9 (FOX) 10 (myTV) and 11 (NBC) and HD channels 807 (myTV) 809 (FOX) and 811 (NBC) are all listed as subscribed channels in the xFinity my Account App.  They all appear on my TVs and on the xfinity My Remote app.  The 3 HD channels no longer show up under "All Listings" in the xfinity TV App on my iphone se (ios 10), ipad 3 (ios 9) or on the xfinity tv website on a hardwired home computer or wifi connected work laptop.  The HD channels did appear and stream prior to 10/17/16.  My location is Saint Anthony MN (Twin Cities Northern Suburbs Comcast service area).

Expert

vud999 wrote:

The standard def local channels 9 (FOX) 10 (myTV) and 11 (NBC) and HD channels 807 (myTV) 809 (FOX) and 811 (NBC) are all listed as subscribed channels in the xFinity my Account App.  They all appear on my TVs and on the xfinity My Remote app.  The 3 HD channels no longer show up under "All Listings" in the xfinity TV App on my iphone se (ios 10), ipad 3 (ios 9) or on the xfinity tv website on a hardwired home computer or wifi connected work laptop.  The HD channels did appear and stream prior to 10/17/16.  My location is Saint Anthony MN (Twin Cities Northern Suburbs Comcast service area).

What you describe is an account 'mismatch' in the backend of the xfinity system. If you call in to 877-896-8678 - tell them your call is about the xfinity TV app and that you can not get some of the channels in your subscription. After veriftying account they will eventually transfer you to level 2 where they will open a ticket (be sure to get the ticket number and call back number). Usually they run a full account refresh that can take up to an hour to finish. Hopefully that will fix the issue. If the problem is not resolved in a few hours after that call the number you wrote down and they will escalate the problem to a level 3 tech (they will call you).

Frequent Visitor

I have been having the same issue for a long time in the Nashville,TN area. I have an open case# about this and it is still not resolved. I have spoken to 2 different techs about it to no avail. Everything was working fine and then for some reason Comcast removed the access from my account and for a few months, I never really noticed until I tried to watch some of my recordings. Then about maybe 8 months ago or so, I called and they added it back. I am missing several channels (Mostly the local channels) and anything that gets recorded on those channels on my DVR will not show up on the app or on the website. If something gets recorded, let's say the Hallmark channel 1307, that channel shows up on the app and website and since that channel shows up, I am able to view the recordings from that channel and any other channels that show up.

I too was told it was a known issue and received a call it was resolved, but I am still having the same problem.

I wish they would find the fix and get it fixed. All my shows that are getting recorded, I am unable to watch from the recordings. I can watch most of them from On Demand, but would prefer to watch the recordings so I can fast forward through the commercials.

Problem Solver

Beeler4034 wrote:

I have been having the same issue for a long time in the Nashville,TN area. I have an open case# about this and it is still not resolved. I have spoken to 2 different techs about it to no avail. Everything was working fine and then for some reason Comcast removed the access from my account and for a few months, I never really noticed until I tried to watch some of my recordings. Then about maybe 8 months ago or so, I called and they added it back. I am missing several channels (Mostly the local channels) and anything that gets recorded on those channels on my DVR will not show up on the app or on the website. If something gets recorded, let's say the Hallmark channel 1307, that channel shows up on the app and website and since that channel shows up, I am able to view the recordings from that channel and any other channels that show up.

I too was told it was a known issue and received a call it was resolved, but I am still having the same problem.

I wish they would find the fix and get it fixed. All my shows that are getting recorded, I am unable to watch from the recordings. I can watch most of them from On Demand, but would prefer to watch the recordings so I can fast forward through the commercials.

I am also in the Nashville area, and I get all my channels on the app, and have gotten them for almost 2 years. Someone telling you this a known issue was lying to you. There are NO issues that were affecting access. The problem has to be with how your account is coded. Something must be wrong on your account, and only Comcast can fix the issue. Call Comcast Advanced Tech Support @888-824-8988, and ask them to fix the entitlements on your account due to missing channels.

New Poster

Magically, this morning, the missing channels appeared on IOS and the PC APP.

Burnsville, MN

Frequent Visitor

loubob1 wrote:

Magically, this morning, the missing channels appeared on IOS and the PC APP.

Burnsville, MN

On Saturday I called the number left by RustyBen in message 26.  They could'nt help, but took detailed info on the issue, gave me a new ticket # and were going to have the higher tech level look into it.  On Monday p.m. I logged in to the Xfinity TV app at work and saw channel 811 (KARE-NBC) was back.  I logged in a while later and saw 809 (KMSP-FOX) and 807 (myTV) were back as well.  An NBC program I recorded Monday night correctly showed up on my Cloud DVR. 

I'm not sure that my latest call led to the fix, but am glad at least the two of us have those channels back.

St. Anthony, MN

New Poster

I live in the Knoxville, TN area and no one here has local channels at all!! 

New Poster

I'm in Charleston, SC and I'm having the same issue.

New Poster

I too am missing my local channels.  I use my computer to watch all all the time.  Thanks for your answer and I hope those channels (and their channel numbers!) show up soon.

Official Employee

Hi ocslou,

Are you able to view the channels on the Xfinity Stream app yet? 

New Poster

I'm in Houston, tx and missing several channels in the stream tv app that are available on my tv's. When I check the my account app for these missing channels in the view channel lineup, all these channels are listed as "Channels not included in your package". These missing channels include all my local and channels so I can't watch any local channels on the app in my home. 

Expert

Jetp wrote:

I'm in Houston, tx and missing several channels in the stream tv app that are available on my tv's. When I check the my account app for these missing channels in the view channel lineup, all these channels are listed as "Channels not included in your package". These missing channels include all my local and channels so I can't watch any local channels on the app in my home. 

To fix this problem call 800-Comcast and select billing. Ask the billing representative to do a deep background refresh (will take about an hour to complete). Your channels should then appear on your mobile devices. Let us know via a reply that it is fixed for you.

Regular Visitor

I live in Kentucky and have been having problems with the same thing all major local channels missing espn espn2 and TBS too. Tech support told me the same thing that there's a problem in the app and they're working to fix it. I don't understand why they are so slow to fix it if so many people are having this problem 2 months of this and no fix is ridiculous specially for what they charge for service.

Regular Visitor

Had them do the deep refresh and it did not work channels are still missing. Wish they'd fix it soon.