Community Forum

Maximum number of devices streaming?!

New Poster

Maximum number of devices streaming?!

We are currently receiving an error message when we try to stream on our phones, saying we’ve reached the maximum number of streaming devices. Yet, it only lists one device currently streaming? What’s going on? I thought the max was 5? Is it possible someone else is using our account to stream and it doesn’t show those devices? Please help!
Expert

Re: Maximum number of devices streaming?!

@Duckyou12 wrote:
We are currently receiving an error message when we try to stream on our phones, saying we’ve reached the maximum number of streaming devices. Yet, it only lists one device currently streaming? What’s going on? I thought the max was 5? Is it possible someone else is using our account to stream and it doesn’t show those devices? Please help!

unfortunately this happens when the PC viewing is not ended properly (stopping the stream and exiting back to the channel guide BEFORE closing the browser window. Failure to do that ties up one stream (each time). do it 5 times and you are locked out. Call 800-Comcast and select Customer service and ask the agent to remove all your current streaming devices (deprovision). once that is done you will be back to your 5 count limit.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Maximum number of devices streaming?!

Seems as if there should be time out after a few hours at most...