Community Forum

Manage multiple X1 boxes from TV Remote app

Frequent Visitor

Manage multiple X1 boxes from TV Remote app

We have two X1 boxes at different locations (MA and NH). To make management easier, thay are combined under one user account. However, it does not seem possible to access/control both boxes from the Xfinity TV Remote app (set recordings, view recordings, ...). Any ideas how to make this work?

Thanks,

Dieter

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Manage multiple X1 boxes from TV Remote app

DieterReuther wrote:

We have two X1 boxes at different locations (MA and NH). To make management easier, thay are combined under one user account. However, it does not seem possible to access/control both boxes from the Xfinity TV Remote app (set recordings, view recordings, ...). Any ideas how to make this work?

Thanks,

Dieter

The app will only be able to view one dvr and one stb at a time by setting the default dvr and default stb in the app settings. As long as all the boxes have different names I don't understand why you can't control each of your boxes by changing the app settings..

Frequent Visitor

The boxes are at different locations (states) under different accounts, but under one Xfinity username. I believe if the boxes are at one location you can switch, but I guess not when they are in different locations. 

Bronze Problem Solver

DieterReuther wrote:

The boxes are at different locations (states) under different accounts, but under one Xfinity username. I believe if the boxes are at one location you can switch, but I guess not when they are in different locations. 

Create an email/password on the other account then login to the app with the new email/pw. The app probably controls the devices attached to the accout that the email/pw are created on. I can login with any of my comcast emails to control my boxes with the tv remote app.

Official Employee

DieterReuther wrote:

Thanks,

Dieter

There is likely a single bill payer account which tie together 2 households.  You can hopefully set up a separate username and password for the 2nd household. The apps aren't optimized for this scenario.  In particular, the XFINITY TV app would struggle to know which content you have rights to with combined households. I expect that it is showing your "primary" account in both apps.