Community Forum

Live TV: Channels now match your subscription

Administrator

Live TV: Channels now match your subscription

Starting today, you'll notice a change to the XFINITY TV app and website: The Live TV section is now free to me. The channels you see will be the ones you subscribe to. 

The OnDemand section has always been free to me, and we think making the same change to your channel lineup will help you find something to watch faster, and with less frustration. This is just the first of a few changes we're making to address your feedback, and one we can make outside of an app release. Future app releases will bring more improvements.

If a channel in your subscription goes missing or you notice any other problems with your channel lineup, please let us know so we can fix it as quickly as possible. 

Expert

Re: Live TV: Channels now match your subscription

ComcastJohnL wrote:

Starting today, you'll notice a change to the XFINITY TV app and website: The Live TV section is now free to me. The channels you see will be the ones you subscribe to. 

The OnDemand section has always been free to me, and we think making the same change to your channel lineup will help you find something to watch faster, and with less frustration. This is just the first of a few changes we're making to address your feedback, and one we can make outside of an app release. Future app releases will bring more improvements.

If a channel in your subscription goes missing or you notice any other problems with your channel lineup, please let us know so we can fix it as quickly as possible. 

now that's COOL!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Contributor

Hopefully adding a "Favorites" option under "Live TV" (or as a filter?) will be added soon and that the list matches our DVR, Xfinity TV Remote (app), and web favorites.  Though far less important than favorites, another Guide View that might be added to the Xfinity TV app is "Trending", like we have now on the DVR.  Thanks for committment to improve the app.

Official Employee

milehiguy wrote:

Hopefully adding a "Favorites" option under "Live TV" (or as a filter?) will be added soon and that the list matches our DVR, Xfinity TV Remote (app), and web favorites.  Though far less important than favorites, another Guide View that might be added to the Xfinity TV app is "Trending", like we have now on the DVR.  Thanks for committment to improve the app.

Yes, "Favorites" for the XFINITY TV apps' Live TV guide are coming soon and will match what is on the X1 Favorite channels and TV Remote app.  You should already be able to see these sync between X1 and TV Remote on iOS and Android. 

A "Trending" guide view isn't currently planned in the short-term but possible later in 2017 or beyond. Appreciate the feedback and will let the team know about the request.

-ComcastDan

New Poster

Ok, I just downloaded the app & looks pretty cool, however, at home I can watch the PAC12network channel. The whole reason I was active in downloading the app is to watch the game which starts in 5 hrs but it's no where to be found on the app! Is this a quick fix?
Official Employee

Zoiders wrote:
Ok, I just downloaded the app & looks pretty cool, however, at home I can watch the PAC12network channel. The whole reason I was active in downloading the app is to watch the game which starts in 5 hrs but it's no where to be found on the app! Is this a quick fix?

PAC12 is one of the 130+ channels we offer that can be watch when away from home (your full lineup is available when connected to your in-home XFINITY internet).  You can filter by "Available out of home" or use the "Find" feature at the top of the Live TV section and type in "PAC12".  They lighter grey channels are the "TV Go" versions which you can watch anywhere in the USA.

You can also search (in the main search area at the top of the navigation) for your team to find upcoming games.

If PAC12 is not part of your package, it will not appear in the Live TV listings.

Regular Visitor

Re: Live TV: Channels not viewable away form home not showing

I can no longer see all of my chaneels. I realize I cannot watch them away form my home, but I DID setup recording for future shows. Now I cannot do this. 

I hope Comcast whould have an option of allowing us to search aour channels so we can record future shows. I looks like thy made the app for only showing viewable shows when you are away form home.

Official Employee

hereandthere wrote:

I can no longer see all of my chaneels. I realize I cannot watch them away form my home, but I DID setup recording for future shows. Now I cannot do this. 

I hope Comcast whould have an option of allowing us to search aour channels so we can record future shows. I looks like thy made the app for only showing viewable shows when you are away form home.

Please download the XFINITY TV Remote app to schedule recording and manage your DVR.  The XFINITY TV app offers this capability but only for X1 Cloud DVR subscribers.

New Poster

Comcast Dan...

I have had two problems with two different mobile apps by Comcast. First problem deals with the Comcast TV remote app and a second problem is related to the Xfinity TV X1 remote app with voice.

Problem #1: ever since I downloaded the Comcast TV remote app running on my LG V10 phone. When I press favorites the listing has never emulated the listing I have set up on the television made using my TV voice remote that came with the box. I have tried numerous times to talk to somebody about this with Comcast and no one seems to have any idea who deals with apps.

Problem #2: has to do with Xfinity X1 remote app also running on the same phone. This problem just started a day or two ago and I have tried just about everything including contacting Comcast to fix it to no avail.

It started with the voice section of the app no longer working, but all the other features on the app continued to work just fine. Then today I noticed that all of the functions on the app stopped working. I checked with my phone to see if there was something wrong with my connections and it said something was not connected. I did a soft restart through the My Account app and afterwards reinstall the Xfinity X1 remote app. At that point I was back to where I was 2 days ago everything working on the app accept voice.

As a disabled individual who spends much of his time in a wheelchair I both of these apps to be very helpful has that time the regular remote may not be within reach. Expecially fine the Xfinity X1 remote app handy because of the Voice feature. In fact, I use the voice feature in the app before I even got a voice remote. I would very much like to know why the voice feature in the X1 remote app has stopped working. when working it allows me to simply just say the channel I want to switch to and it's taken care of.

I hope you can be of some assistance and thank you in advance for your time. Should you need to contact me feel free to reach me by email or if need be send me an email and I can send you back my phone number so that maybe together we can solve this problem quickly.

Thanks Again,

John R. Moriarity, Sr.
Regular Visitor

The Xfinity TV app no longer lets you record shows. It only lists ondemand shows and shows you have recorded. HOWEVER, Xfinity TV Remote lets you view all of the channels and record a show or series.

Expert

johnmoriarity19 wrote:
Comcast Dan...

I have had two problems with two different mobile apps by Comcast. First problem deals with the Comcast TV remote app and a second problem is related to the Xfinity TV X1 remote app with voice.

Problem #1: ever since I downloaded the Comcast TV remote app running on my LG V10 phone. When I press favorites the listing has never emulated the listing I have set up on the television made using my TV voice remote that came with the box. I have tried numerous times to talk to somebody about this with Comcast and no one seems to have any idea who deals with apps.

Problem #2: has to do with Xfinity X1 remote app also running on the same phone. This problem just started a day or two ago and I have tried just about everything including contacting Comcast to fix it to no avail.

It started with the voice section of the app no longer working, but all the other features on the app continued to work just fine. Then today I noticed that all of the functions on the app stopped working. I checked with my phone to see if there was something wrong with my connections and it said something was not connected. I did a soft restart through the My Account app and afterwards reinstall the Xfinity X1 remote app. At that point I was back to where I was 2 days ago everything working on the app accept voice.

As a disabled individual who spends much of his time in a wheelchair I both of these apps to be very helpful has that time the regular remote may not be within reach. Expecially fine the Xfinity X1 remote app handy because of the Voice feature. In fact, I use the voice feature in the app before I even got a voice remote. I would very much like to know why the voice feature in the X1 remote app has stopped working. when working it allows me to simply just say the channel I want to switch to and it's taken care of.

I hope you can be of some assistance and thank you in advance for your time. Should you need to contact me feel free to reach me by email or if need be send me an email and I can send you back my phone number so that maybe together we can solve this problem quickly.

Thanks Again,

John R. Moriarity, Sr.

on my 'droid phone I verified the microphone is not available. Went to android settings app and verified it had microphone access. bug or feature, I don't know.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Expert

hereandthere wrote:

The Xfinity TV app no longer lets you record shows. It only lists ondemand shows and shows you have recorded. HOWEVER, Xfinity TV Remote lets you view all of the channels and record a show or series.

Does a desk/laptop browser https://tv.xfinity.com/ work as normal? If so, log out of your xFinity TV app and then log back in. working now?

Regular Visitor

Ok. When I log into XFINITY.comon my lap top it same as the iPhone app, Xfinity TV. I can see shows that I recorded, I can see TV go shows, but I cannot see a list of all the channels that are available to me. Last week I could see them all and record shows that were coming up either on line Or on the Xfinity TV app. Now only the Xfinity TV remote shows all the channels and lets me record shows how in the future either as a series or individual. This is such a major change I can't believe other people aren't talking about it.
Expert

hereandthere wrote:
Ok. When I log into XFINITY.comon my lap top it same as the iPhone app, Xfinity TV. I can see shows that I recorded, I can see TV go shows, but I cannot see a list of all the channels that are available to me. Last week I could see them all and record shows that were coming up either on line Or on the Xfinity TV app. Now only the Xfinity TV remote shows all the channels and lets me record shows how in the future either as a series or individual. This is such a major change I can't believe other people aren't talking about it.

if you scroll up and see message 8 the comcast employee points out you do not have the x1 entertainment system. To schedule using your listings you can use the xfinity TV Remote app.

New Poster

When I travel away from home, I am unable to view live network channels (NBC, for example), and subscription channels like Tennis Channel. What is the point exactly of the app? I can view recorded programs from both types of channels, but not live. Being away from home I can't watch Davis Cup while I am at my parents home, who do have Comcast X1, but not the sports channels. My TV choice makes me sad. Smiley Sad

Expert

gooeymac wrote:

When I travel away from home, I am unable to view live network channels (NBC, for example), and subscription channels like Tennis Channel. What is the point exactly of the app? I can view recorded programs from both types of channels, but not live. Being away from home I can't watch Davis Cup while I am at my parents home, who do have Comcast X1, but not the sports channels. My TV choice makes me sad. Smiley Sad

the providers of content determine what access you can have to their entertainment outside of your home. Record what you wish to watch and then watch it later. Comcast is adding more and more 'tvgo' streaming channels as the providers give permission.

New Poster

In the meanatime, this is just completely useless. DirecTV has a mobile app that is far more useful, and tons more content. They should call it it Capture TV, because this TV doesn't really go with you.

New Poster

All of our local news channels have vanished. All of the ESPN and Fox Sports stations have disappeared. Their HD counterparts have disappeared as well. 

Expert

gjparks wrote:

All of our local news channels have vanished. All of the ESPN and Fox Sports stations have disappeared. Their HD counterparts have disappeared as well. 

you are posting in the xFinity TV app area. When you are away from your home network, the only live programs (in most markets) are in the TVGo section of 'channels'. In a few markets some channels allow streaming away from the home.

If you are having this issue with the X1 equipment in your home please post in the X1 forum for an answer there.

New Poster

not true, i have called and complained about this many times - had to watch the Flyers game that was on channel 10 on his Dish tv app.  Only tv go channels are viewable, which is about a 1/4 of what you pay for

Frequent Visitor

So I just upgraded to the Digital Economy package with HD. I downloaded the TV Remote App and went to the listings and they were for the Greater Boston area. I started a chat with an agent, and it was determined that I cannot get local listings on my phone or the website. Yet, the guide on the tv has ther local listings. Needless to say I'm not happy. There must be a way to fix this.