Community Forum

License Issue Error 3338, While trying to AirPlay

Visitor

License Issue Error 3338, While trying to AirPlay

hello

I Am trying to AirPlay from my iPad or my iPhone ,to my Apple TV in my bedroom.
It keeps giving an Error : License Issue 3338 , WHY ?

I already paid too much for Comcast, and now this problem..

So why is this happening?????

Please Help

Expert

Re: License Issue Error 3338, While trying to AirPlay

Lisapour9808 wrote:

hello

I Am trying to AirPlay from my iPad or my iPhone ,to my Apple TV in my bedroom.
It keeps giving an Error : License Issue 3338 , WHY ?

I already paid too much for Comcast, and now this problem..

So why is this happening?????

Please Help

current owners of programming providers forbid such use via mobile devices. If you use a desk/laptop you may be able to cast the image using google chromecast device or via an HDMI cable if so equipped.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

I pay a couple of hundred dollars a month for Comcast triple play, video, internet and phone at home.  I think it is pretty crappy  if Comcast is purposely interfering with consumers ability to use their mobile devices to air play  their subscription to the big screen of their choice at home.  Is it stupidity?  Incompetence?  or Greed?   Just makes me want to switch vendors.   Consumer UNITE!!!  Vote with your feet.

Expert

RedLobsta wrote:

I pay a couple of hundred dollars a month for Comcast triple play, video, internet and phone at home.  I think it is pretty crappy  if Comcast is purposely interfering with consumers ability to use their mobile devices to air play  their subscription to the big screen of their choice at home.  Is it stupidity?  Incompetence?  or Greed?   Just makes me want to switch vendors.   Consumer UNITE!!!  Vote with your feet.

see the post just above yours. Note that you might want to complain to the networks that provide the programming as the restrictions are in their contracts with providers. You can currently try the Roku Beta while it is free to use.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

I was told by a service rep that  streaming will only work on Samsung or LG TVs. 

This service is advertised deceptively - customers are not given this info in advance.

Expert

Katknit wrote:

I was told by a service rep that  streaming will only work on Samsung or LG TVs. 

This service is advertised deceptively - customers are not given this info in advance.

You can currently use a set top box or a Roku (currently in a free beta). 

Edit: there is a new program: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XFINITY-TV-Partner-Program/td-p/3000030

New Poster

I have a samsung TV and Apple TV and try to airplay from my iPhone and get the same error message. It makes no sense. If I plug in my laptop with an HDMI and play xfinity it works so why not the other way?
Bronze Problem Solver

Overpay wrote:
I have a samsung TV and Apple TV and try to airplay from my iPhone and get the same error message. It makes no sense. If I plug in my laptop with an HDMI and play xfinity it works so why not the other way?

There is an way for the app to know when you try to cast/mirror, there is no way for the website to know when you hook up with hdmi therefore no way to block it.

Expert

adding... desk/laptops are allowed to use the TV as a 2nd screen (monitor) as that is the function of the device. DRM knows/approves the connection or there would be no video.